By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bioshock Infinite Confirmed for Wii U, Development Begins After PS3/XBox 360 Release

Around the Network

Huh, so that sets 2K Games back on their whole "no core support for Wii U early on" thing.

Good news. Good news.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I thought this story seemed eerily similar.

That "new" report... it's actually from August 2nd (why are they reporting on a month old piece of news?), and it's already been covered on gamrConnect. The report is really shakey, and while I do hope that Infinite comes to Wii U (as Bioshock was one of my favorite new franchises last generation), right now it's destiny is still in the dark. We'll see.

Smeags said:

I thought this story seemed eerily similar.

That "new" report... it's actually from August 2nd (why are they reporting on a month old piece of news?), and it's already been covered on gamrConnect. The report is really shakey, and while I do hope that Infinite comes to Wii U (as Bioshock was one of my favorite new franchises last generation), right now it's destiny is still in the dark. We'll see.

Huh, so it's that old rumor regurgitated?

eh.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

My only concern with all these late ports/multiplatform titles is 3rd parties using it as evidence that core games don't sell on WiiU.

Hopefully they will take the sales data with a grain of salt and realise that install base plus late to the party means the sales will probably not be as high as expected.

I would hate to see future multiplaform releases get cancelled because of initial launch period sales.

Around the Network

Well, at least it's not "Development Begins After PS/Vita Release" ;)

Good news for Wii U, not great because of the date, but good, because it's a big game.

But... in the end it's freaking huge news, because it's the first ever big Take 2 game on a Nintendo console since forever - bar Bully two year late port. GTA V has now a whopping 3% chances of coming to U - highest ever!

pezus said:
^Meh, Rockstar don't listen to anyone but themselves. So in the end, this game going to Wii U says nothing about GTAV. It might, but I'm going to bet that it won't.

Me too, I wouldn't bet on a 3% chance.

But that's how I feel now:

And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust!!!!!!!

Mr Khan said:
Huh, so that sets 2K Games back on their whole "no core support for Wii U early on" thing.

Good news. Good news.

Isn't Bioshock Infinite a mid/late 2013 release now? add an extra 4-6 months to port and you are probably looking at a late 2014 release. Hardly early support.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Mr Khan said:

Good news. Good news.

Isn't Bioshock Infinite a mid/late 2013 release now? add an extra 4-6 months to port and you are probably looking at a late 2014 release. Hardly early support.

It's for early 2013

"BioShock Infinite has been delayed to 2013. Despite a prior announcement that the game would hit stores on October 16th of this year, director Ken Levine has now revealed a new release date of February 26, 2013."

Supposing the game goes gold 1 month (maybe more?) before release, we could be looking at development starting 2 months after Wii U releases.