By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Beating A Dead Horse: PS3 to Pass 360 this Holiday?

Will the PS3 surpass the Xbox 360 in HW this holiday?

Yes 112 36.25%

No 197 63.75%

Total:309

lol it reminds me the post 4 or 5 years ago saying ps3 will pass xb360 by 2010.... even though it's getting closer.... i'll go ahead and say no way this year and even push it further.... not until the new XB is announced.....

they might go like that... get a windows 8 tablet or phone and get a XB for free...

Around the Network

The PS3 won't surpass the Xbox 360 this year. The Xbox tends to be the best selling console in the world during November and December, mainly because of the States' Christmas sales. And for big releases, Assassin's Creed will be a big game for both consoles (not sure if it could move HW sales though). I'm not sure about PS3 releases this winter, but the Xbox has one major release and that is Halo. Halo is bound to move console sales (not a very large move though).

leo-j said:
smroadkill15 said:

*reads* "I don't really know of any major titles coming out for either system during the holiday." *looks at my Avatar*

okay? You act as if HALO 4 is the only big game coming out..

news flash.. COD took over the FPS crown.. its the definitive fps game of this console generation whether anyone hates it or not..

and not only that but.. although HALO 4 IS A BIG TITLE.. sony has some big ip coming out for ps3 too.. and.. they may release a budget ps3 with all these PS collections they are announcing with HUGE ps franchises.. like god of war/Killzone/Uncharted/and more..

CoD does not have the crown. CoD may have the best selling crown, but not the overall crown. What I'm trying to say that if it wasn't for Halo being release more than a decade ago, FPS on consoles would still be considered weak. Halo CE saved the FPS shooter on consoles, whether you like or not.

Remember when your health recharges on CoD or BF, you can thank Halo CE for that.

We hear this every year...

Nope, price cut and Halo 4 will mean the gap extends imo

Around the Network

If you take out from both sides the RoD'd and YLOD'd units you have something like this:

X360: 53M
PS3: 60M

And I think I'm being generous on the 360 side, I recall failure rate being as high as 33% for the X360 in the first 2~3 years.

Not gonna happen. Sony doesnt have any blockbuster exclusives this holiday. MS has Halo 4, a possible price drop, and the advantage of traditionally being the better selling system during the holidays

Im going to say no. Maybe next year but not a chance this year.

nah I don't think it will not this year and maybe not until the nextbox and PS4 comes out

if the slim slim is priced low then MS might do a price cut

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Sigh, PS3 is getting crushed in the only places that strategically matter, the English speaking countries. As I have said many times if you rate the countries on a scale of 1 to 10. The US is a 10, British empire is a 5, Northern Europe a 3, the rest of world including japan is a 3.