By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AC3 dev: We're the last of the AAA dinosaurs

...and yet they didn't even bother making a decent Wii U version?

Around the Network

Really? It seems like the trend is off in the other direction.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

can't wait for the game.

I think its a good thing Nintendo is taking it slower than the other two. Nintendo is the only one really thinking long term rather than short term by killing most developers or getting less games out.

each gen that passe will kill studios and or make them go to mobile where they might get more out of them while spending less on each project

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

The real downside is that the "middle" is where new IPs used to come from. If they did well enough, then they'd grow into the "monster" franchises. However, most big time publishers want instant results. If a new IP isn't a massive hit, then it's done. That's the mentality that comes from always looking for the next big thing, for long term franchises that can be milked with spin-off after spin-off.

One day the choice is going to a $15 downloadable game or Call of Duty 12 and not much between.

Around the Network

What the what? Wrong I say! Is what they're saying is that they're the only ones still pumping constant AAA games?

I'm not sure any Assassin's Creed is AAA.

So basically Ubisoft Montreal is the game industry equivalent of Jurassic Park?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Hmm, thats funny. I guess Halo, Battlefield, Uncharted, The last of us, and many more are just "AA" games...

I don't like when people are not humble.

Now I want this game to flop.