By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Monster Hunter 4 scans and info - New weapon, armors, secret monster from trailer revealed (Update: New locale pics)

Sounds good. As I expected from Monster Hunter, really.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
VicViper said:

Looks great! The monsters in this game are gorgeous and the new big boss is... well, boss.

But hopefully this is NOT my first Monster Hunter!

I take it, you don't want this game to be released outside of Japan.

If my plan works well I'll be speaking japanese barely by the time this game gets its first of many

"it's coming, news soon, we promise "

Looks good to me.

Also, I'm sure the evirons will look fine on the 3DS itself or in direct feed footage.

Amazing pics!

Could you ride monsters before?

VicViper said:
Amazing pics!

You could hop onto certain monsters (Jhen Mohran, Lao-Shan) that are so huge as to be considered terrain, but the concept of grappling on to smaller monsters is new to the series.

Around the Network
ebw said:
VicViper said:
Amazing pics!

You could hop onto certain monsters (Jhen Mohran, Lao-Shan) that are so huge as to be considered terrain, but the concept of grappling on to smaller monsters is new to the series.

Thanks! Well, that could be fun.

Those bigger than life monsters are in the portable games? Because... well, that could be fun too!

The texture resolution might be low, but I do love how colorful the game is. It's a big breath of fresh air from all the gray and brown I've been seeing lately.

^ If anything, it looks like PSP graphics to me, Look at the mountains in that image you posted. Ugh.

It might have better shaders, but I'm not convinced the 3DS is as powerful as the GC or Wii overall.

Again though, it's Monster Hunter, so it'll be the tough-as-nails addicting gameplay that will make or break it, not the visuals.

curl-6 said:
^ If anything, it looks like PSP graphics to me, Look at the mountains in that image you posted. Ugh.

It might have better shaders, but I'm not convinced the 3DS is as powerful as the GC or Wii overall.

Again though, it's Monster Hunter, so it'll be the tough-as-nails addicting gameplay that will make or break it, not the visuals.

Resident Evil: Revelation should have taken care of your doubts (considering its a 1st-gen title too).

I'll say that the processor might not be as up-to-stuff, but it has more modern graphical effects that should allow the 3DS to look better graphcally than what was at least seen on the GCN. If we're talking about potential, then it can't match the Wii. However, if we're talking about real world results then I'm sure that the 3DS will have alot of games that will have graphical effects that make it seem to outperform the Wii, too.

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!