By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What would the Jokers role have been in Gotham if he had been in TDKR?

spurgeonryan said:
Smeags said:
If the Joker was still alive during the events of Rises, then I'm afraid he wouldn't last very long. Bane is a guy with a plan, with years of preparation. In his studying of Batman and his history, he would know all about how the Joker thrived on chaos... and how he would be a liability to that plan being carried out ("It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan"). Nothing could get in the way of this, especially some two-bit whack-job who wears a cheap purple suit and make-up.

After breaking the Batman, he would personally visit the Joker at Arkham Asylum, and with a switch move, break the Joker's neck. All according to plan.

That makes sense. But he did release all of inmates at blackgate along with scarecrow. All one of those crazies would have to do is shoot him in the back. They do not know him. They do not know to be seriously afraid of him like his other pawns do.

Also, how long after the first movie is the second movie do you think?

They released Blackgate, not Arkham.  Those crazies aren't really crazy.

Around the Network

Joker would have driven into that explosion on a jet ski and come out with Batman riding on the back seat. He'd be singing "Only You" to Batman and offering him some dolphin shish kabobs.

spurgeonryan said:
darkknightkryta said:
spurgeonryan said:
Smeags said:
If the Joker was still alive during the events of Rises, then I'm afraid he wouldn't last very long. Bane is a guy with a plan, with years of preparation. In his studying of Batman and his history, he would know all about how the Joker thrived on chaos... and how he would be a liability to that plan being carried out ("It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan"). Nothing could get in the way of this, especially some two-bit whack-job who wears a cheap purple suit and make-up.

After breaking the Batman, he would personally visit the Joker at Arkham Asylum, and with a switch move, break the Joker's neck. All according to plan.

That makes sense. But he did release all of inmates at blackgate along with scarecrow. All one of those crazies would have to do is shoot him in the back. They do not know him. They do not know to be seriously afraid of him like his other pawns do.

Also, how long after the first movie is the second movie do you think?

They released Blackgate, not Arkham.  Those crazies aren't really crazy.

Good Catch, but they still do not know what Bane is capable of. Scarecrow is crazy.... Plus all of the crazies other than The Joker were supposedly put into Blackgate because of the Dent Act. Joker ..again supposedly...was the only one left in Arkham.

Is that the case?  They put the mob and their henchmen in Blackgate.  They didn't say anything about anyone in Arkham.  And they never mentioned that Joker was the lone person in an asylum the size of a small island (Arkham was most of the narrows).  And as far as Scarecrow goes, he was crazy, but he became a joke character.  Reason he was in the beginning of Dark Knight was to play him off as a joke, he knew what he was doing since he was drug dealing, nor did they mention or show the schizophrenia he developed.  Most of the "crazies" plot that was setup in Batman Begins was essentially abandoned before Dark Knight began filming (There hasn't been any other mention of Arkham in Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rises).

I'd Imagen Joker actually saving gotham from the bomb! He doesn't want the city to be destroyed - not like that. He'd offer Batman help, just because it would pain Batman so much to except it. But reading it now, to myself it really sounds silly :p

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

With how the Dark Knight Rises was written there really is no place for the Joker because I don't think the Joker would be happy without being the center of attention/chaos ...

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
I'd Imagen Joker actually saving gotham from the bomb! He doesn't want the city to be destroyed - not like that. He'd offer Batman help, just because it would pain Batman so much to except it. But reading it now, to myself it really sounds silly :p

Hmm that actually sort of makes sense, he wouldn't want the complete destruction of gotham like LoS do, so he would just prefer the chaos and inhumanity that has ensued once people were left lawless. Stop the bomb, and continue to corrupt gotham and make it his "playground" in a way that Bane did, without actually using a bomb to wipe it off the face of the earth.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.