By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Grezzo working on a new Four Swords game?

Tagged games:

What is Grezzo making right now?

A new Four Swords game 9 31.03%

A different game 6 20.69%

Nothing whatsoever 1 3.45%

WAAAHH I WANT MAJORA'S MASK 3D 13 44.83%

Total:29
Fimbulvetr said:
Majora's Mask 3D would be really nice. They already have a lot of assets they could reuse from Ocarina of Time 3D.

I just love your avy and sig! :D

OT: I voted for Majora's Mask 3D. I have no clue what Grezzo might be working on.

Around the Network
Fimbulvetr said:
Majora's Mask 3D would be really nice. They already have a lot of assets they could reuse from Ocarina of Time 3D.

Yeah, I would buy it day one for sure. MM is a marvelous game.

What about a new Four Swords game for the Wii U instead? Like the GCN version but without the need for a GBA + Link cable.

EAD is probably already working on an original 3DS Zelda already. And they probably will want to get Zelda: MM ported to the 3DS at some point too.

Since Zelda Wii U from EAD is probably a few years out, Grezzo could squeeze in a Four Swords Zelda for the Wii U's first year on market, that probably wouldn't be too bad.

the_dengle said:
DanneSandin said:
Well, putting it the way you do I'm inclined to agree :D sounds like they might be working on something like that!! But I'm hoping for something more aching to A Link to the Past! I know Miyamoto have expressed interest in remaking that very game, so a new entry in the same style would seem appropriate. It would also leave the "Zelda-team" free to make a console Zelda (if Retro isn't working on that)

There are actually two designated Zelda teams, one for home consoles and one for handheld consoles. Grezzo is an outside party to those two teams. It is likely that whatever Grezzo is doing right now, there are two Zelda games currently in development within Nintendo EAD, so using Grezzo to make a smaller game wouldn't be tying up Nintendo's Zelda teams.

Oooh I didn't know that :P But if Grezzo would be working on a brand new handheld Zelda, what would one of the other teams do then??

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

didnt Miyamotto hit a top down Zelda was coming?

Around the Network

The sales figures of Four Swords Adventures don't prove any demand for more of this kind of game. 

Soleron said:

The sales figures of Four Swords Adventures don't prove any demand for more of this kind of game. 

The sales figures of Four Swords Adventures don't prove any demand for games that require at least 3 consoles and 2 accessories to play properly, and 5 consoles and 4 accessories to play fully.

FS Anniversary Edition was given away for free. It probably proved a popular download, and Nintendo may be hoping it will re-establish the brand. A new Four Swords game, especially if an eShop title, would hardly require a large budget, anyway; it would likely turn a profit easily and quickly, and serve as a learning experience for Grezzo.

i actually think Four swords has a lot of potential as a co op puzzle series, i would love a completely new instalment, and i think it would do good sales wise if managed properly

Zelda: 4 Swords (Grezzo + EAD/Wii U) -- Summer 2013

Zelda 3DS (EAD/3DS) -- November 2013

Would be nice.

Soundwave said:

Zelda: 4 Swords (Grezzo + EAD/Wii U) -- Summer 2013

Zelda 3DS (EAD/3DS) -- November 2013

Would be nice.

It would be nice, but not entirely likely. I more expect to see Four Swords 2 Holiday 2013, and a new retail Zelda spring/summer 2014.