By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Recommend me some must-have PSP games for the Playstation Vita

One of the best things about the Vita is that it can play many of your favorite PSP titles.  It's just a little something to tide us over while we wait for the big Vita games to hit the market.  It's not as bad as you think.  If you fire up a game like God of War:  Ghost of Sparta on the Vita, it actually looks and feels like it belongs on the console right there beside Uncharted Golden Abyss.

So, I've already got a slew of PSP titles but I'm looking for some great ones I may have missed.

Of the titles I own, the ones that work on Vita are: 

• Burnout Dominator
  • Crash Tag Team Racing (a crap game that I didn't like when I got it for PSP)
  • Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars
  • Crimson Gem Saga
  • Dead or Alive Paradise (a crap game I bought just for the Vita)
  • Def Jam Fight For New York:  The Takeover (Bought just for the Vita before the Vita released--lucky it worked!)
  • Final Fantasy Tactics (had on UMD, bought it just for the Vita)
  • God of War: Chains of Prometheus (bought for Vita)
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta (bought for Vita)
  • Gurumin
  • Hot Shots Golf Tennis:  Get a grip (my favorite!)
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
  • Peggle (a must have!)
  • Pursuit Force
  • Resisitance Retribution (Glad this game FINALLY got Vita Support)
  • Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Bought for Vita)
  • Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny (Bought for Vita)
  • Street Figther Alpha 3 Max
  • Tetris
  • Tomb Raider Legend
  • Valkyria Chronicles II

I own a few more PSP digital titles like Mod Nation Racers and Syphon Filter but they aren't Vita Supported, yet.  Also, a few great titles like Crisis Core aren't available for download in any form.  That sucks.  Anyway, I've had my eye on Loco Roco, Patapon, and Sonic Rivals.  I'd like it if you guys could recommend some great PSP games to play on Vita that I haven't gotten yet.

Around the Network

Loco Roco and Patapon are MUST. They really look great on the psvita OLED screen! If you are into racing Motorstorm: Artic Edge is a great game.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Syphon Filter is Vita supported I think? It might just be one of those titles that you have to transfer across from PS3. It's definitely in the Vita-PSP store when I check PSN (from my PS3, mind).

There is, however, way too much stuff missing from the PSN store from my liking. Crisis Core, Kingdom Hearts, Phantasy Star, Star Ocean etc. I was originally planning on asking for the money to buy a Vita for my birthday this year, but I'm currently planning on just buying a cheap second-hand PSP because of the amount of games that are UMD-only. It's a shame really, I hope they beef it up soon.

(Sorry for not really answering your question!)

Kresnik said:
Syphon Filter is Vita supported I think? It might just be one of those titles that you have to transfer across from PS3. It's definitely in the Vita-PSP store when I check PSN (from my PS3, mind).

There is, however, way too much stuff missing from the PSN store from my liking. Crisis Core, Kingdom Hearts, Phantasy Star, Star Ocean etc. I was originally planning on asking for the money to buy a Vita for my birthday this year, but I'm currently planning on just buying a cheap second-hand PSP because of the amount of games that are UMD-only. It's a shame really, I hope they beef it up soon.

(Sorry for not really answering your question!)

Dude, if you're right about Syphon Filter, then you just made my day!  I'm gonna re-download it right now and try to port it to the Vita.

If it weren't for a couple of UMD only games (I actually re-purchased some of my UMD's just for the VIta) and the digital comic book reader on PSP (Collection of over 300 comics!), I'd sell my PSP. Now, it just sits unused in my closet. I'd loan it out but you never know when the urge to read Kick-Ass or Civil War will arise.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Dude, if you're right about Syphon Filter, then you just made my day!  I'm gonna re-download it right now and try to port it to the Vita.

It might be different on the US PSN, sorry.  I just checked the EU store.  It says Dark Mirror is compatible with Vita, and Logan's Shadow is PSP-only.  But it's still worth a shot.  Sorry if they don't work :(

I would say Final Fantasy IV complete edition, Monster Hunter freedom unite, God Eater, Grand Theft Auto china wars (looks very good on the PS Vita), but nevertheless Kresnik is right that you should try Dark Mirror.

You don't own crisis core!?

BTW how was Peace Walker, it's the only MGS game I haven't played and been wanting to for to long. I think I'm waiting for the Vita.

Gilgamesh said:
You don't own crisis core!?

BTW how was Peace Walker, it's the only MGS game I haven't played and been wanting to for to long. I think I'm waiting for the Vita.

Of course I own Crisis Core!  The Vita just can't play certain games that I already own (be they digital or UMD).  Anyway, I've decided to grab Patapon and Loco Roco (why has that game never dropped in price!?  Part two is $7 but part one is still over $20!).  That should keep me entertained for the day.

I'm considering selling my PSP since I can just use all of my software on my daughter's PSP.  It's pink, though.

You are missing Ys 7 (all the Ys, actually), Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble, Half-Minute Hero, and Jeanne D'Arc.