By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - N64 game values

S.Peelman said:
hollabackenny said:
I've now been offered 100 just for those 4 games. I think I have to say yes.

Are they boxed and complete? They're worth a lot more if they are.

If so, Conker alone would sell for over a hundred. Especially if it's the PAL version, those are worth more, you could try to sell a PAL Conker for like 150. Complete copies of Mario Party 2 can go for 40-50 and Mario 64 and MarioKart 64 complete can both go for 20 a piece.

Also, you always end up with more money when selling everything seperately.

Unfortunately, no. All games are loose cartidge. 

Around the Network
hollabackenny said:
S.Peelman said:
hollabackenny said:
I've now been offered 100 just for those 4 games. I think I have to say yes.

If so, Conker alone would sell for over a hundred. Especially if it's the PAL version, those are worth more, you could try to sell a PAL Conker for like 150. Complete copies of Mario Party 2 can go for 40-50 and Mario 64 and MarioKart 64 complete can both go for 20 a piece.

Even unboxed, the PAL versiosns atm are reaching $90+ for some games. Check the ebay links above that I posted and you will see.

Metallicube said:
Amazon is a good way to gauge the value of older games. Not sure what method you are using. Conker's I see is currently going for 60 bucks, so $45 is actually a relatively good deal. Damn, I actually sold my copy of Conker's for somewhere around $35 a couple years back.. Should have held off.

I've sold most of my old games back through amazon. The only ones I keep are games I still play on a semi-regular basis or those weird obscure games I keep more as collectors items. I've probably made a solid 2 grand just from selling old games. Yep, I use to have a lot :P. It's actually quite a liberating feeling, and nice to get something of value from old games I probably will never play again anyway. Plus, occasionally you'll luck out and find one of your games to be quite valuable. Ended up selling my copy of Bubble Bobble 2 for 100 bucks.

Holy hell... I have that game!  Used to have the box for it too but it got thrown out when we moved... just looked on eBay and another videogame pricing site http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/nes/bubble-bobble-part-2 and this game's current average price is $250.00 and up!!!

That's insane... I remember my mom got the game around the same time I got the NES top loader to replace my ailing original model that just didn't want to cooperate and play games anymore.... the game was $19.95 brand new at Toys R Us.  Talk about a nice return on your investment!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

hollabackenny said:
S.Peelman said:

Ah that's too bad.

Well, for cartridge only the price is probably nice, maybe you could squize just a little bit more out of it, but it's nice anyway.

NightDragon83 said:

Holy hell... I have that game!  Used to have the box for it too but it got thrown out when we moved... just looked on eBay and another videogame pricing site http://videogames.pricecharting.com/game/nes/bubble-bobble-part-2 and this game's current average price is $250.00 and up!!!

That's insane... I remember my mom got the game around the same time I got the NES top loader to replace my ailing original model that just didn't want to cooperate and play games anymore.... the game was $19.95 brand new at Toys R Us.  Talk about a nice return on your investment!

Wow, a copy of Bubble Bobble 2 is very rare. Even cartridge only, too bad it's not complete anymore or it would be worth that much more. Myself I sadly don't have any very rare ones. I only have a Ocarina of Time PAL Collector's Edition, the GameCube Zelda Collection and Ducktales 2 on NES, and also some other collector editions. Those are only, like, 'averagely' rare.

S.Peelman said:

Wow, a copy of Bubble Bobble 2 is very rare. Even cartridge only, too bad it's not complete anymore or it would be worth that much more. Myself I sadly don't have any very rare ones. I only have a Ocarina of Time PAL Collector's Edition, the GameCube Zelda Collection and Ducktales 2 on NES, and also some other collector editions. Those are only, like, 'averagely' rare.

I had no clue it was that rare until one of the posts above mentioned it.  I also have the GC Zelda anniversary collection and the Master Quest edition.  I'm also proud to say I have the two most expensive N64 games on the used market according to the site i posted that aren't collector's editions or uber-rare test or competition carts.... Conker's Bad Fur Day and Worms Armageddon.  Both complete with box and manual too!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
Metallicube said:
Amazon is a good way to gauge the value of older games. Not sure what method you are using. Conker's I see is currently going for 60 bucks, so $45 is actually a relatively good deal. Damn, I actually sold my copy of Conker's for somewhere around $35 a couple years back.. Should have held off.

I've sold most of my old games back through amazon. The only ones I keep are games I still play on a semi-regular basis or those weird obscure games I keep more as collectors items. I've probably made a solid 2 grand just from selling old games. Yep, I use to have a lot :P. It's actually quite a liberating feeling, and nice to get something of value from old games I probably will never play again anyway. Plus, occasionally you'll luck out and find one of your games to be quite valuable. Ended up selling my copy of Bubble Bobble 2 for 100 bucks.

Damn! It's going for 250 on amazon too apparantly. I envy you.. If only I had more patience >_<. I only sold mine a couple years back, and it was only going for 100! I didn't realize the value of the game would go up so fast.

Metallicube said:
NightDragon83 said:
Metallicube said:

Damn! It's going for 250 on amazon too apparantly. I envy you.. If only I had more patience >_<. I only sold mine a couple years back, and it was only going for 100! I didn't realize the value of the game would go up so fast.

Yeah, it's funny how the values of certain games spike due to "collectors" jacking up the prices on eBay when they get wind of a game that is in high demand, or when other things like the game being prominently featured in a popular web video or article that drives the prices up too.  Like take the AVGN... following alot of his review episodes game prices have been known to spike sharply on eBay and elsewhere.  Used copies of "Plumbers with Ties" for example, an obscure 3DO game that nobody even knew or gave a crap about an one of the worst games of all time is now selling for over $100 on eBay because of the popularity of The Nerd.

And good luck getting a copy of the CD-i Zelda games nowadays... they were always tough to come by and would usually go for around $100, but after the Nerd made his CD-i episodes, they easily go for over $300 and up.

Oh, and Cheetahmen II?  At least a couple grand if you're crazy enough to have that much money to blow on such a terrible game lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:

TheBardsSong said:
If anything cartridges are the most durable format out there. So, I really don't know what you're talking about.

I will be glad to explain it to you, and any others that are confused. Cartridges become brittle over time for the same reason that concrete becomes brittle over the coarse of time. It has everything to do with thermal expansion. Every time a cart is played the board inside heats up, and when the game is not being played the board obviously cools down. This causes the material in the board to expand and contract. Over time this cycle of heating and cooling will undermine the integrity of the material. Microscopic cracks will form, and eventually just like a chipped windshield one small jar will cause those small cracks to connect, and then you have a crack that runs across the card. 

Optical disc formats last longer, because the material being used is actually more flexible. A disc format can last for half a century easily even with constant use. All that is needed is proper storage. No cart will ever last that long period end of story. It isn't a question of if, but actually a question of when the cracking will finally occur. Current formats unless they are abused will outlive their console, and the next three generations on top of that. A sizable number of carts will not survive their console. Think of it this way would you bet on your current game outliving your current console.

We read about current consoles dying on these forums all of the time, but you never read someone saying they took good care of their media, but they started playing, and it just shattered on them. It just simply doesn't happen. Sure a console malfunction might destroy a game on a rare occasion, but that is not the games fault. Usually it is someone doing something like not storing them properly, or just plain mistreating them. The point I am making is carts are hardware, and not fundamentally all that different from consoles themselves. The same warping that takes place in consoles, and ultimately destroys them takes place in a game cart.

It is basic engineering really in line with the kiss philosophy. You know keep it simple stupid. A disc only has two parts, and a cart has dozens. It doesn't really take a degree in rocket science to see that one is going to be far more reliable then the other.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Who in their right mind would sell a Conker's Bad Fur Day Copy??? I would kill to get my hands on one of those!

Also, what DieAppleDie said.

I'll send you mine for free!  You just gotta pay shipping...  Actually, never really played the game much.  I had a friend that got to the final boss but wasn't able to beat it.  The final boss fight was pretty cheap from what I remember.  Never mind..  I better keep my copy considering it is increasing in value decently over time.  I did send Mike Intellivision some old Saturn games (including NiGHTS) though (he even reimbursed me for shipping).  Sorry for the tease...