By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - N64 game values

I decided to sell my old video games on KIJIJI expecting to get very little for them when I got some bizarre offer

Amongst the games are: Conkers bad fur day which was offered $45 for and Offered $10-15 each for super mario 64, mario kart and mario party 2.

I have other games too, but These are my offers so far and I was not expecting this at all. So am I missing some hidden value for these games or is this guy stupid?

Around the Network

Conker's Bad Fur Day is worth quite a bit. Mario Party 2 is worth more than he offered.

I sold Chibi Robo at the wrong time... got £6 for it, but now I could probably sell on EBay for £40-50

Banjo-Tooie is also worth quite a bit it seems.... I think I bought it new for £50 (unusual for me to buy an N64 game at full price new) and had I kept it I could probably still sell it for that same price now.

N64 games are priceless gems that you should never sell...:P

if you are decided to commit such a crime.....i think those prices are fair...

Who in their right mind would sell a Conker's Bad Fur Day Copy??? I would kill to get my hands on one of those!

Also, what DieAppleDie said.

Around the Network

I personally can't trade any of my games. Especially N64!!! They're quite the gems!!!

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

I realized I had 2 copies of those games and a few others (ie. perfect dark, star wars racer, southpark rally, cruisin' games etc) Conkers seems to be going for 65 roughly on ebay on 45 seems fair. Other games seem to have random value.

man, i would cry if i had to sold my N64 games, not to mention SNES and NES... I'd go crazy

Cartridge based games increase in value over time in the collectors market, because the format itself is actually less durable. Remember you are talking about hardware which can break. Which was not only packaged in a cardboard box, but was probably stored in a cardboard box. Basically over time they got broken by the original owners, or got broken by succeeding owners. So over time there are fewer available to be purchased. If your games are in what would amount to mint condition collectors will pay a premium.

Especially when it comes to 64 games when there are so few out there to begin with. They were high priced at the time, and fewer were sold. Hell some just weren't available in some areas the demand was so low. Plus add in the fact that most 64 owners to this day aren't going to sell their old games. If you still have a 64 you know you are still going to be able to play those games decades from now. Well as long as you got the memory cards to go with them.

I am pretty sure the internal memory in some carts only lasts for about twenty years.

Dodece said:
Cartridge based games increase in value over time in the collectors market, because the format itself is actually less durable. Remember you are talking about hardware which can break. Which was not only packaged in a cardboard box, but was probably stored in a cardboard box. Basically over time they got broken by the original owners, or got broken by succeeding owners. So over time there are fewer available to be purchased. If your games are in what would amount to mint condition collectors will pay a premium.

Especially when it comes to 64 games when there are so few out there to begin with. They were high priced at the time, and fewer were sold. Hell some just weren't available in some areas the demand was so low. Plus add in the fact that most 64 owners to this day aren't going to sell their old games. If you still have a 64 you know you are still going to be able to play those games decades from now. Well as long as you got the memory cards to go with them.

I am pretty sure the internal memory in some carts only lasts for about twenty years.

That's exactly it. I don't even have time to play games I bought earlier this year, So I don't think I'll go back and play many of these. Figured I might as well sell them and make some extra money.