By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Nintendo hold the Wii By them selves?

What i mean is, can Nintendo keep the Wii succesfull without any third Party help. 

I am not saying Third Party support won't come, but it seems like with the exception of a few they are still a little slow in the uptake. Plus with the whole fact that they are afraid of not selling, it seems only Nintendo can do anyhing for the Wii right now. Plus its not Third party games that are selling the Wii, its purely Nintendo, and if they keep bringing out inovations like wii sports and wii fit, they will always have the non-traditonal gamers(peopel like to call them casuals, i personaly hate that name) in the bag and keep selling out. Despite the fact that a lot of people think casuals will get bored i think the oposite, non-traditonal gamers are limited to the amount of people in the world imo, and as long as Nintedno can keep a pealing to them there is  no problem. And Nintendo games are enough for some traditional gamers to keep buying games for the system. 

They did it for the DS and people were saying that it was a casual system, eventually third party support came like a tidal wave, now the DS is pure gaming heaven for both traditinal and non-traditional fokes. 

Wot do you guys think? 

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Around the Network

Absolutely, I don't mean this in an offensive way, but the N64, and gamecube are perfect examples. They sold a ton of first party material, and they already make money on each unit sold. Nothing but up for them and first party. Has ninty ever released a game that didn't make money?

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

theyve been doing it so far i dont see why they cant keep it up

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

If all quality 3rd party support leaped to the PS360 and it came down to only Nintendo and the shovelware makers then I would say not.  If the Wii's library consists of 98% crap and 2% quality, odds are most average consumers will end up with a lot of crap and not be satisfied.

Also, it's not solely a factor of 3rd parties not supporting Nintendo rather 3rd parties supporting systems other than Nintendo.

Words Of Wisdom said:
If all quality 3rd party support leaped to the PS360 and it came down to only Nintendo and the shovelware makers then I would say not.

It's not solely a factor of 3rd parties not supporting Nintendo rather 3rd parties supporting systems other than Nintendo.

But thats whats been happening since the Wii came out.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Around the Network

No doubt about it. I want third party support, and I buy good third party games, but I knew that when I bought a Wii, I was buying it mainly for Nintendo's exclusives.

Words Of Wisdom said:
If all quality 3rd party support leaped to the PS360 and it came down to only Nintendo and the shovelware makers then I would say not.

It's not solely a factor of 3rd parties not supporting Nintendo rather 3rd parties supporting systems other than Nintendo.

Well I'm sure they could maintain profit, I'm just not so sure they could sustain the numbers their currently taking. Nintendo games certainly have a feel to them, but if thats all you can get on a console the feel might wear off eventually, the PS3 and 360 would draw a much more diversed crowd. 

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Words Of Wisdom said:
If all quality 3rd party support leaped to the PS360 and it came down to only Nintendo and the shovelware makers then I would say not.  If the Wii's library consists of 98% crap and 2% quality, odds are most average consumers will end up with a lot of crap and not be satisfied.

Also, it's not solely a factor of 3rd parties not supporting Nintendo rather 3rd parties supporting systems other than Nintendo.

thats whats been happening so far

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

BornFirst. said:

But thats whats been happening since the Wii came out.

The Wii had a runaway success with Wii Sports and Nintendo has put out a lot of excellent games for sure with a lot of great games on the horizon however if only Nintendo develops for the Wii successfully and every major non-Nintendo franchise goes to other consoles then it will suffer.

It would be pretty foolish to argue otherwise.

hell yeah, the wii practically sells it's self. Just look at when halo 3 came out, it moved allot of 360's just out selling the wii and yet the wii was selling better than ever despite the fact no new games had come out for it yet.