By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Conspiracy Theory Thread: Did Ancient Civilisations Possess Advanced Technology?

BenVTrigger said:
TBH if our civilization was suddenly wiped out and no human was left alive there would be no trace of our presence on the earth within 10,000 years. It would look as if we were never here.

If human had an advanced civilization 150,000 years ago and blew ourselves back technology wise we would never know. The earth would have broken down everything they had built

Our presence would be found more easily due to the population of the human race right now & the sheer number of places we have left our mark.

Back then the population was small.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

there's so much fail in the OP...

it's amusing in it's own right how much nonsense people believe in order to give some excitement to their own lives :)

The fact that they used something, or that something (those jars) have an alternate use doesn't mean that they know everything about it.

What will think those that find the remainings of our civilization thousands of years later when they find this?

http://www.neatorama.com/2006/11/30/uranium-glasswares/

Or hatters using mercury.

Accomulated sugar can be used to produce electricity. Does this mean that indians discovered piezoelectricity 500 BC?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:

Heyyy that looks a lot like the things the Gungans were fighting on in The Phantom Menace.

George Lucas the greatest visionary ever re-confirmed?????!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

My childhood....

Another theory:

Andrespetmonkey said:
spurgeonryan said:
Don't listen to anyone in this thread radish. Your cool!

Actually I think they could have been. Just look at pyramids, ark, and tower of babel. Pretty advanced shit!

I like the show ANCIENT ALIENS.

Please stop watching that show. Please.

Why should he? one of the best shows out there

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

BenVTrigger said:
TBH if our civilization was suddenly wiped out and no human was left alive there would be no trace of our presence on the earth within 10,000 years. It would look as if we were never here.

If human had an advanced civilization 150,000 years ago and blew ourselves back technology wise we would never know. The earth would have broken down everything they had built

Thats exacly what i meant woith my first post last night but was to tired and angry to make it better coherent.

There are some civilisations that said we were in the 6th or 7th cycle wich could mean that we humans have done this 6 or 7 times so far.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

A few years back I was watching a show that discussed religious machines in ancient Rome. These were machines that were supposed to create "miracles" (for lack of a better word) inside of temples to show off the influence that a god had there. While a lot of these machines were very simple, a few wooden balls inside a box that was on something that looked like a teeter totter for simulating thunder, some of the machines demonstrated a sophisticated understanding of physics.

The reasons why the industrial revolution only happened a couple hundred years ago, rather than in the times of Ancient Rome, was because of cultural reasons not lack of understanding of machines. They had all the knowledge they needed to build a steam engine but the information was spread across multiple secretive religious cults and there was no reason to build a steam engine in Ancient Rome.

It is the improved sharing of information because of the renaissance and the increased personal freedoms (and property rights) that started the industrial revolution. Before that, people were doing a lot of advanced things but a ton of effort was wated re-discovering what someone else already discovered; and lots of discoveries could be easily lost due to a plague or war.

Define advanced technology.

There is a lot of advanced technology ancient peoples had that were lost.

Batteries, Germ Theory, Eye surgery.

Greeks had all kinds of weird mechanical steam toys.  Heron's theatre and all that.

Or that one doctor in Chinese history/myth that knew about cancer during the "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" era.

Ended up killed by Cao Cao, forget his name right now... Hua Tuo?

People were a lot smarter and more advanced back then, then we give credit.

Hell people think ancienet people generally thought the earth was flat... when anyone who lived near a body of water no doubt knew otherwise, watching someone sail over the horizen.