By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Paralympics

Tagged games:

So, I have a "Day pass" ticket. the accompanying letter suggests that I am allowed to see some events but some people are saying I'm not, does anyone know what the deal is?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Surely you would be able to see any event on the day if it's a "day pass".

Also, ain't this in just a week's time? August 29th?

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I saw a website which said that a "day pass" only allows you to spend the day in the park but not go into the venues. But mine says I CAN go to the venues so I'm really confused.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

There are flying olympics?

EDIT: Oh, just looked it up. It's for disabled people. I thought the term "para" had something to do with flying or being in the air, hence paragliding, parasailing, etc.

wfz said:
There are flying olympics?

yes, yes there are

Around the Network

I know but I want to see sports!! Don't really want to peruse the park, did that already.

I think I got a day pass with the tickets I bought for paralympics- I think you get access to any event on the day, but only if there is room in the seating for you (not 100% sure about this though)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
I think I got a day pass with the tickets I bought for paralympics- I think you get access to any event on the day, but only if there is room in the seating for you (not 100% sure about this though)

That's exactly what my tickets suggested as well.

It's for the park only.

They don't sell tickets that let you see any events you want all day.

Ajescent said:
radishhead said:

That's exactly what my tickets suggested as well.

From the website: 

Olympic Park day pass: this pass allows access to certain Olympic Park sports such as goalball, wheelchair basketball, wheelchair rugby, wheelchair tennis, 5-a-side football, 7-a-side football

"The Day Passes will allow people to dip in and out of sports and experience a range of sports in one day. We expect that this will mean at various points throughout the day venues will appear to have empty seats, but this won’t mean tickets haven’t been sold or people haven’t turned up – at some point during the day we anticipate all seats will be used.”

^ I think this is the Day Pass that I got, since I'm seeing goalball

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~