By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - What's going on with my computer? (graphics card not being used?)

Gilgamesh said:
NiKKoM said:
What's its saying under POWER Switchable graphics

I've been using this to test to see if it matters if I go to power save or high performance during games and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

You need to add in your minecraft (java.exe) and the exe of any other game you play in that list to make sure you get the high performance chipset.

Just so you know, even if you have your games running under high performance won't necessarily mean they run great.  Even dedicated laptop graphics can still be pretty crummy.

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.

Around the Network
Crono141 said:
Gilgamesh said:
NiKKoM said:
What's its saying under POWER Switchable graphics

I've been using this to test to see if it matters if I go to power save or high performance during games and it doesn't seem to make a difference.

You need to add in your minecraft (java.exe) and the exe of any other game you play in that list to make sure you get the high performance chipset.

Just so you know, even if you have your games running under high performance won't necessarily mean they run great.  Even dedicated laptop graphics can still be pretty crummy.

I already tried that, I put Minecraft in and it still slows down and crashes, same with a couple other games, surely my 6470 could run Minecraft really well.

Like I said, with minecraft you have to put in java.exe or javaw.exe. That is the actually process that runs minecraft. The minecraft exe you click on is only the launcher.

Check out my Youtube Let's Play channel here.

Crono141 said:
Like I said, with minecraft you have to put in java.exe or javaw.exe. That is the actually process that runs minecraft. The minecraft exe you click on is only the launcher.

All java should be on high performance. There's an option that I enabled where anytime an application get's used that doesn't have a setting for it (power save or high performance) it automatically comes up and asked me. So when I opened Mincrafted I got the java options that poped up.

But like thranx mentioned about the everest program that should of found my card in the display but didn't, yet I dound it elsewhere in the program whats up with that.

wow a hour and half of being on the phone with HP and dealing with his simple minded "fixes" I was left with a factory reset...yeh I'm not doing that.

Biggest waste of time, but at least I know my warranty is good for another 3 -4 months, also opening it up would void warranty.