By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Help! I can't beat Benezia.

Your having problems on Benezia with a soldier?

Are you THAT underleveled?

Either way:

When she starts summoning troops, run and hide in a corner, finding cover to hide behind.

When the Commandos start coming at you, plink them away, keeping fully aware of your friendlies and your health. Just plink away at them, staying as far away from Benezia as possible. Use an Assault Rifle and Sniper Rifle.

I really, really don't know how it's hard with a soldier. I beat her with 1 extra try because I did something really stupid. 2nd time, her soldiers didn't even take away my shields.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

I also second what madskills said... there is a VERY interesting choice after you defeat benezia....

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Yeah Madskills. I carried Liara and Ashley through most of the game. Used Wrex at some points towards the end.

starcraft said:
I second what Lewis said. Its very important to keep reviving your friends. Even if they are not the best shots, they act as a distraction for enemy fire. Make sure you have someone that is proficient in the use of mass effect, such as 'lift' and 'throw' (liara leveled up a bit is a good choice).

I had to do that when I wasn't a leveled up soldier. Now? I can literally take them out myself - my crew could stay in one room and let me bring it to those fools. I even mocked Benezia afterward ...

"I expected more of a fight from your minions ..."

ROTFL ...

@ Monsieur Stickball

I loved being a soldier - I was amazed how much easier life was against enemies when I could just walk through difficult stages previously. I topped out on intimidation and charm and even made Saren pause.

starcraft said:
Yeah Madskills. I carried Liara and Ashley through most of the game. Used Wrex at some points towards the end.

I tell you what - on Virmire, Ash had to blast Wrex on my first playthrough ... the second time around, after DISABLING the auto leveling, I talked Wrex into helping out. Whoa ... that was a crash-course in negotiations.

There are many games I can talk about all day long, but Mass Effect has earned a spot on that list ... it is simply amazing ... 

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
^ Mass Effect

Focus on the Asari clones. If you have biotics, push works really well against them, as they can't attack back. After you kill a few rounds of them, you get to fight benezia, and she's easy as long as you have your whole party.

ASSHOLE!!! >__<

Seriously though, I should've noticed the bit about Asaris. tl;dr and stuff.  ^^

Parokki, a question? Do you own or intend to own this game? Lol

This is actually the best or most challenging fight in the game. I am on my third play through each time playing on the hardest setting with obviously my third time going on insane and already beat her. Each time I had a different class doing soldier, tech and now adept. Also had different crew members each time as to always compliment what your missing from your class. It wasn't easy but for each class you can find a way to beat her. Work on setting your equipment like having armor that protects against force etc and have addons to your weapons that do extra damage to her asari bad guys. To be honest this is the only time in the game where I truly felt the rpg aspects of the game as when I played around with stuff it gave me different results.

My best advise though is do it your own way! You can and will find a way though it may take you longer that you like it is well worth it. Just try to use everything you have available to you.

I'll own it the second I get a 360, or it gets ported to the PC, but currently no.

I've read far too many spoilers on the internets, but fortunately most of the names go in from one ear and straight out the other. I know somebody dies, somebody is a stalker/whatever, someone wants to blow up the council etc, but I dunno who they are. Hopefully I won't. =P

mrstickball said:
Your having problems on Benezia with a soldier?

Are you THAT underleveled?

Either way:

When she starts summoning troops, run and hide in a corner, finding cover to hide behind.

When the Commandos start coming at you, plink them away, keeping fully aware of your friendlies and your health. Just plink away at them, staying as far away from Benezia as possible. Use an Assault Rifle and Sniper Rifle.

I really, really don't know how it's hard with a soldier. I beat her with 1 extra try because I did something really stupid. 2nd time, her soldiers didn't even take away my shields.

Agreed. My friend laughed when I said I had troubles with her (he was a lvl 20 or so soldier when he fought her). I first fought her when I was ridiculously underleveled (went to that planet first and was lvl 14 or 15 when I fought her) but here's what finally worked for me:

Take out the two commandos in front of you. This is the time to use your biotic teammates. Throw works wonderfully to toss the first one away and you should be able to gun down the second pretty easily as a soldier.

At that point, STOP. Run to the right and into that little niche below Benezia. Camp there and take out the commandos that run in from the right (if you're facing Benezia). After they're dead, run up the ramp and put the Arachni aquarium thingy between you and Benezia. The entire fight, make sure that Benezia never gets a good look at you to attack (hence running underneath and then over to the right) and deal with the commandos.

Once you take out the last few waves of commandos/snipers, you can run to Benezia for another save point. During this battle, take her out in less than five seconds or you're toast. Then occupy her spot in the middle and camp for the next few waves of commandos. It's a little tough but as a soldier, you should be able to handle the second part. The first part is definitely harder in that battle. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/