By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - A closer look at TearAway!

JEMC said:
It sure looks good, very innovative and fun.

It's the kind of game that makes the PSVita shine.

True. It's the first and only so far...

Around the Network

Lookin' good.

JEMC said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Very interesting! My only concern is having to shout, I hope that can be adjusted, because I'm not gonna shout "Iota, RUN!!!!" on the train, lol.

Why not? Just imagine that you do it and someone starts to run... it would be priceless!

There must be some Iota in the world! But I think people would run away from me, lol.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I don´t wanna bitch or anything, but why do most gaming companies develop game from the same genre. Yeah this game looks fresh and nice and all that stuff but wouldn´t a game from a different genre be a much bigger surprise.

AndrewWK said:
I don´t wanna bitch or anything, but why do most gaming companies develop game from the same genre. Yeah this game looks fresh and nice and all that stuff but wouldn´t a game from a different genre be a much bigger surprise.

I think the style is similar.  2D platformer vs. 3D adventure game isn't the same genre.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:

? it's 'not' the same genre?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

AndrewWK said:

because there is a finite, small number of genres...

Kresnik said:
AndrewWK said:

I think the style is similar.  2D platformer vs. 3D adventure game isn't the same genre.

both are Jump´n Runs. It would be nice to see something totally different from them, maybe they are a bit different. But the simililarities are too big imo. It would be nice to see a RPG or Action game or a Third Person shooter from them. That is what I meant

AndrewWK said:

both are Jump´n Runs. It would be nice to see something totally different from them, maybe they are a bit different. But the simililarities are too big imo. It would be nice to see a RPG or Action game or a Third Person shooter from them. That is what I meant

I'm quite happy with the steps they've taken to make this different from LBP so far.  They're very talented devs, but diving head-first into making a TPS probably wouldn't yield the best results.

But I understand what you mean.  Who knows, perhaps their second IP will be something along those lines.  

Kresnik said:
AndrewWK said:

I'm quite happy with the steps they've taken to make this different from LBP so far.  They're very talented devs, but diving head-first into making a TPS probably wouldn't yield the best results.

But I understand what you mean.  Who knows, perhaps their second IP will be something along those lines.  

It is funny how you took TPS as example altough I talked about 3 franchises. Just Imagine a Media Molecule RPG. Sony doenst have any RPG exclusives just btw. but they have quiet a few Jump ´n Runs.