By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: 2.2 Million PS Vita Units Sold Worldwide

No i was not joking burning typhoon.The vita does not differ that much in terms of what it offers in relation to the ps3, so again i ask why would i want one?

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
Just for the record, how much did the 3DS sold in a similar timeframe?

Also, lol at N4G.

lol I knew N4G had a lot of Sony fanboys but that it's just ridiculous

Nintendo and PC gamer

kowenicki said:
N4g reactions are amazing. Apparently these are pretty good numbers!?

That site is incredible.

I'm looking at the comments and one of them were "So where's you 2 million dollar selling console?" (Which was a response to someone saying that the numbers are terrible) And had more Agrees than Disagrees.

The hell?

kowenicki said:

Well if it is June, and that seems likely, then it is massively overtracked.  Probably 400k or so.  VGC has 2.4m sold at that time, but there wold have to be some in supply so we need to knock at least 350K and perhaps as much as 450k off the numbers.

Some of the weekly numbers in the US and Europe must be truly awful. 

Just wow.

To put this number in perspective, it is more than what Vita sold in Japan... this entire year (433.200)

kowenicki said:
Kynes said:

Maybe it's from end June, end of quarter,  and it's only a bit overtracked.

That would still make it 350k at the very least overtracked.

It's true, my fault. 350K overtracked is a big number, when we're talking of a console that sells that in 10? weeks.

Around the Network

^ This comparison is even worse when you take the fact that Vita already had a holidays season in japan.
Yep, really put the doomed 3DS numbers in perspective

(the sad thing is that both numbers are bad - one is just plain worse than the other)

Wow Vita......

So depressing

Numbers in Europe must be awful, as we have Japan and USA numbers from the different trackers.

NiKKoM said:

Lmao! Exactly my reaction.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Well, those numbers are definitely not great, quite true, but who knows? A good, hard, 'brick to the face' level of reality might light a fire under Sony to start pushing more. Perhaps overly optimistic, but they need to do something.

They've got the bundles coming out, so I think they realize they can't just leave it alone any more. Now they know they really need to work for it, because high tech isn't just going to sell itself.