By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You can only own 4 gaming devices (including PC), which do you choose?

Which 4 gaming devices will you choose?

PC, PS3, Wii, 3DS 48 19.12%

PC, PS3, Wii, PSV 29 11.55%

PC, 360, Wii, 3DS 30 11.95%

PC, 360, PS3, Wii 24 9.56%

PS3, 360, Wii, 3DS 9 3.59%

PS3, 360, PSV, 3DS 9 3.59%

PC, Wii, PSV, 3DS 4 1.59%

360, Wii, PSV, 3DS 3 1.20%

PC, PS3, PSV, 3DS 44 17.53%

Other combination 51 20.32%

Total:251
NintendoPie said:
Ajescent said:
NintendoPie said:
Ajescent said:
NintendoPie said:
Wii, 3DS, iPod, PS3. (You could replace PS3 with Wii U.)

Or replace the wii with a WiiU...?

You could replace both, I guess. So then I would only need 3.

I was thinking since the WIiu can play wii games, it would make more sense...?

Well, it would make sense for both of them to go. Since Wii U is supposed to get all that 3rd party support. And what you said about it being back-wards compatable. 

But ps3 would have Sony's first party...? If you deperately want to avoid then then I'd say PC

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:

But ps3 would have Sony's first party...? If you deperately want to avoid then then I'd say PC

I don't really care for their first-party. 

PC: The best for games that you usually play alone, or with online multiplayer.
Wii: The best for playing with someone.

TWRoO said:
Michael-5 said:

I assume when you say curent gen, you mean 8th gen handheld, and 7th gen consles, which is odd.

For me it would be 3DS, Wii, X360, PC.

I know X360 and PC are similar consoles, but I like 360's console exclusives over PS3's. Wii is backward compatible with Gamecube, and both of those system have an excellent sellection of games. 3DS is backward compatible with DS, and in general I love Nintendo handhelds. As for PC, it's kind of a shoe in because it's been around for 20 years, so the library is the biggest.

At most it's 6th gen handheld:
 - Pre-GB era (all I can think of are Game & Watch, but as they only played 1 game each i'm not sure if they should be counted as handheld consoles)
 - GB
 - GBC
 - GBA
 - DS
 - 3DS

Although handhelds haven't really followed the same pattern as home consoles (1989-1998-2001-2004-2011)

Having said that, Wikipedia seems to refer to 3DS and Vita as 8th gen... just seems rather odd to me though (I mean if handheld generation depend on the release of home consoles doesn't that mean GBC and GBA are both in the 6th gen because Dreamcast also released in 1998 like GBC, while GC and XB released 2001 like GBA)

Also even if 3DS/Vita and PS3/360/Wii are different numbered generation, they are still all current gen systems until Wii U launches.

Well....most people related handhelds with consoles in terms of era. So the DS and PSP were the same era as the PS360/Wii (7th), the GBA was the same era as PS2/GCN/XB/Dreamcast (6th), GBC and Wonderswan Colour were the same era as N64/PS1 (5th), GB/Virtual Boy/Game Gear/Atari Lynx were the same era as SNES/Genesis(4th), and Game & Watch would arguably be in the same era as NES (3rd).

As for your last point, I won't argue it, it's right, but this era of consoles is ending, so I already consider us in the transition period between console eras.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

PC, duh
Gaming Laptop, so pretty much PC, just more portable
Smartphone, always have it with me
3DS, no shit

Around the Network

PC, 360, PS3, 3DS.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

PC: Main gaming machine, used for multi-platforms
PS3: great line of exclusives
Android: For those moments when you get stuck in a queue or something

Hm, don't need anything else, but for the sake of completeness I'll pick something...

3DS: Mainly because that's the platform that'll likely see the new Ace Attorney games released on it.

PS3- i have a big collection of great games
PC- Minecraft and steam (nuff' said!)
Ps vita- backlog of psp games on PSN and awesome games for vita and many games on the way
3DS- Mario!!

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Since I don't like handhelds, it's a pretty easy question: PC, Wii, PS3, Xbox 360.

With the backward compatibility that gives me access to pretty much every game I've ever loved.

Signature goes here!

kitler53 said:
TWRoO said:
kitler53 said:
psv (psp BC)
wii (nes, snes, n64, cg BC)
ps3 (ps1, ps2 BC)
pc

i'm winning. :)

Winning in terms of what?

as in beating the system in terms of rule ( only 4 systems ).

I was thinking the same thing.  If you just get a more current system then you can access a lot of older games/systems through the new system (VC / downloads).  So bascially, choosing a new system would almost be including the older system minus a few games that they haven't put out for download.  With the Wii you can get a ton of old system games through the VC (C64, NES, Master System, TG-16, SNES, Genesis, N64, Neo Geo, Arcade).  I went ahead and added the other systems that you didn't include on the Wii VC.