By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Madonna may turn you into a gay, destroy Russia

Tagged games:

If you are at a Madonna concert, you are already gay.

Yes. 7 100.00%

Total:7
happydolphin said:

Ouch, I hope Turkish is ok.

I'm not sure he survived being shot down over Syria.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Interesting ...

I have read several well sourced articles that suggest the roots of many progressive social movements originated in (or were supported by) the USSR as a means to reframe communist principles/propaganda in a way that was more palpable in western capitalist democracies; and now Russia fears what impact these same social movements will have on their own country.

That was the great irony of the Soviet Union, that the degree to which it succeeded in its mission served as its own undoing. The Party worked to provide many venues through which people could participate in civil society, but obviously in a way that was supposed to enhance the image of the party, but of course you can't keep total control of such things.

The Indonesian dictatorship was smarter. They worked to try to keep the people as politically-uninvolved as possible.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

"A group of Russian anti-gay activists are suing American pop star Madonna for $10m, saying she had insulted their feelings when she spoke out for gay rights at a concert in St Petersburg last week."

I find the above quotation amazing.

Mr Khan said:
HappySqurriel said:
Interesting ...

I have read several well sourced articles that suggest the roots of many progressive social movements originated in (or were supported by) the USSR as a means to reframe communist principles/propaganda in a way that was more palpable in western capitalist democracies; and now Russia fears what impact these same social movements will have on their own country.

That was the great irony of the Soviet Union, that the degree to which it succeeded in its mission served as its own undoing. The Party worked to provide many venues through which people could participate in civil society, but obviously in a way that was supposed to enhance the image of the party, but of course you can't keep total control of such things.

The Indonesian dictatorship was smarter. They worked to try to keep the people as politically-uninvolved as possible.

I'm not much of a historian, but I find it remarkable at how often this kind of ploy backfires on nations ...

For example, I have heard it suggested that the French heavily backed the Americans in the revolutionary war in an attempt to bankrupt the British and to destabilize their monarchy;  and the backing of the Americans was a major factor of the economic problems that caused the French revolution.