By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you love the SNES?

Tagged games:

All the great RPGs.

Around the Network

NBA JAM!!
DONKEY KONG COUNTRY 2
MORTAL KOMBAT 2
SUPER MARIO WORLD!!
LINK TO THE PAST!!
SUPER METROID!!
SECRET OF MANA!!

Well one of the best RPGs in all of creation originated on it. Anyone want to guess at what I have in mind?

Simple, it's the best game console ever, hands down. Even the LICENSED games were good! (well, some of them lol)

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

BasilZero said:
blkfish92 said:
Well one of the best RPGs in all of creation originated on it. Anyone want to guess at what I have in mind?

Chrono Trigger

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4E4B3F0395DBEBEB

CORRECT! Here is your prize.

Around the Network

Terranigma, Final Fantasies IV-VI, Dragon Quest IV-VI, Soul Blazer, Secret of Mana, Illusion of Time, Tactics Ogre, Fire Emblem 3-5, Ogre Battle, Rudra no Hihou, Secret of Evermore, Lufia I and II, Seiken Densetsu III, Star Ocean, Super Mario RPG, Bahamut Lagoon; in short the greatest RPG line up ever. That is the main reason why I love the SNES.

Super Mario World, Zelda: A Link to the Past and Super Metroid is THE eternal Trinity that will probably never be bested.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

When you compared SNES's library, it didn't have that many games compared to the more recent PS2 or PS3, but it literally had some of the best games around.

Super Mario RPG is not only my favorite RPG, but my favorite Mario Game.

Chrono Trigger is also one of the best RPG's ever made, I have yet to experience an offering which I would put above Chrono Trigger.

Final Fantasy VI is largely considered the best Final Fantasy.

Also a lot of Nintendo's best IP's started on the SNES, or had really great iterations on it. Super Mario Kart, and Donkey Kong Country, probably two of Nintendo's biggest franchises sharted on the SNES. Plus games like Super Metroid, and Earthbound really gave hardcore gamers something to love.

You can compare modern games to SNES games, but the straight answer is that the quality in storytelling, ad gameplay isn't the same as what it used to be. Final Fantasy XIII is probably the easiest Final Fantasy game ever made, it's more linear then FFVI and auto battles really take te fun out of the game. XenoBlade Chronicles, Lost Odyssey, and Valkyria Chronicles, although excellent games in their own regard, don't have as many plot twists and shocking/interesting moments as Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG, and just aren't as fun.

However some franchises have managed to stay just as good. Super Mario, and Metroid Prime are just as fun as their SNES counterparts.

All in all, I think current gen systems are better systems, just because of the size of the library and the variety n games, however SNES had the best of the best.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Best console EVER!

The Legend of Zelda; A Link to the Past.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode