By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Angry Video Game Nerd's "Super Nintendo vs. Sega Genesis"

Part 1 (The history) Part 2 (The comparison) Pretty awesome video and it mirrors a lot of what's going on today. I really enjoyed these videos and I think a lot of you will, too.

Around the Network

Goddammit. I know I put enough spaces between those videos!! Either way, you can see them and if I edit the post, there's the possibility there will be no videos.

There are not enough spaces between these videos.

Aww.... I thought the videos were pretty epic and needed to be seen. Looks like I blew it again. :(

Bump!

Poor D21. :( I'll watch them. :)

Around the Network

Wow, the first video was actually really interesting! :D On to the next.

Snes wins
but Mega Drive had some great games like Sonic games, Phantasy star, Streets of rage, Sensible soccer...
also i remember playing my first polygon made game on the Genesis, Virtua racing...........good times with both

I love The Nerds show but I really enjoy when he's just talking about things he loves. Like his video on the Zelda time line or memory videos of games like Castlevania. I don't know what it is about him but he's entertaining even when he's not doing all the cussing and such in his normal videos. He explains his points really well and his love of gaming naturally comes through. You know he loves what he does and that it isn't just work like many game journalist's articles.

voty2000 said:
I love The Nerds show but I really enjoy when he's just talking about things he loves. Like his video on the Zelda time line or memory videos of games like Castlevania. I don't know what it is about him but he's entertaining even when he's not doing all the cussing and such in his normal videos. He explains his points really well and his love of gaming naturally comes through. You know he loves what he does and that it isn't just work like many game journalist's articles.

Yeah, he seems like a cool guy

Great video by the Nerd. Best console war of all time!

Here's an interesting tidbit about the whole Nintendo vs. SEGA war... despite the magnitude of the 16-bit gen wars and the legendary battle that ensued and is still talked about today, we never actually got to see a head-to-head launch between a Ninty console and a SEGA console. SNES came almost a full 2 years after the Genesis, Game Gear came a year and a half after the GB, the Saturn with its premature launch more than a year before the N64, and the Dreamcast with another early launch more than 2 years before the GC was released.

I always wondered who would bring home the bragging rights if they had both launched a new console at roughly the same time, and how it would pan out for the rest of that generation. After the 16-bit gen, by the time Nintendo go around to releasing their next two consoles, both SEGA consoles were already dead in the water thanks to Sony.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.