By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GamrConnect DS Recommendation Thread

Damn, Smeags, some of those banners are amazing! Love the Rocket Slime one

I'll think of more games to add to the list - more work for you mwahaha!
Just for starters, no Pokémon Ranger or Mystery Dungeon series? Especially the first, they're pretty good, better than Trozei, at least

Around the Network

For moment I got confused seeing a wiimote in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney's banner, wether this was really about the DS or the Wii, but seeing Metroid Prime Hunter confirmed me that this is a DS thread...

It's nice to see this back from the dead and that the 3DS is actually backward compatible. ;)

Bloody awesome work, ol' chap!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Is there a fan translation for Front Mission 2089? Front Mission is one of my favorite genres and I wouldn't mind importing one last DS game (Got Soma Bringer, ASH, and Fire Emblem 12).

Also, does anyone have an opinion on Avalon Code? I'm debating to play it, but it has to be real good because I still have 10 other DS RPG's I wish to beat, and I at least want to get 5 done before I get a 3DS (I put my DS down for years, and only recently picked it up).

I must beat Fire Emblem 12, ASH, and Soma Bringer before I get a 3DS since I'm too cheap to buy another R4 specifically for the 3DS (XL I plan to buy) and I kinda want to play Infinite Space, and DQ IX before I get a 3DS.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

I would like to make some RPG suggestions.

First of all, Front Mission 2089 is a Japanese only title, and I'm not aware of any translation patch. So I would recommend just the Front Mission port. It's a port of the PS1 remake which has a pretty lengthy post game (or well a version of the game from the other side).

Also since you included FM2089, a Japanese port with no patch, I thought it would be fair to include some Japanese ports which have fan translations. Soma Bringer is an RPG by the makers of XenoBlade. ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat is a strategy RPG, similar to Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics by the creater of Final Fantasy, and the maker of Lost Odyssey/The Last Story. Also Fire Emblem: Heros of Light and Shadow is the unlocalized Fire Emblem game. It's a remake of Fire Emblem 3 (much like Shadow Dragon was a remake of Fire Emblem 1), and the fan translation is in it's final stages of beta testing, to be released in a couple weeks time.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results