By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You know what? I don't think you're hardcore at all.

haha yeah, d21 nails it!

But I gotta admit then that I suck. Big times. I suck at SMB, SMB2 and SMB3 and the original Zelda (still haven't finished it in 20 years!!!). I suck at fighting games, I sucked when I tried CoD (couldn't see what I was doing). I just suck.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
Pfffttt..

Beat all of the Battletoads games when I was like 10. Your daughter has nothing on me.

That was yesterday, right?

CoD has turned into the most casual franchise I've seen in a while.

A button that aims your gun automatically ? Seriously ?

What's next, the game will shoot and run itself and you just watch ?

KylieDog said:
d21lewis said:

You see, she's great at games that push you through them.  She's great at games that hold your hand and don't really require much skill.  Yeah, she's beaten a few games like Little Big Planet and Gravity Rush but for the most part, she's actually pretty bad.  Try as she might, she can't get very far in games like Mario Galaxy, Braid, Peggle (which blows my mind since that's like mandatory in my house), Pikmin 2 (which she LOVES), any RPG, Mario Kart, and any niumber of games that require some sort of skill curve.

Mario Kart is mostly based on luck and what items you get, often if you get lucky with a good item very early on and pull into first you end up staying there because the other players all just fight with eachother.  Mario Galaxy could not possibly hold the players hand more than it does already either.

Which only illustrates how much she sucks.  Can't even keep up in Mario Kart because she can't even power slide.  Can't even pull off the simple moves in Mario Galaxy like wall jumping and back-flipping followed by a spin.  Thanks for supporting me, KylieDog!

you said it sir!!! today's games are mostly hold-my-hand through the beautiful graphics, and nintendo haters call them hardcore because they are on HD and have blood and guts everywhere

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
d21lewis said:

You see, she's great at games that push you through them.  She's great at games that hold your hand and don't really require much skill.  Yeah, she's beaten a few games like Little Big Planet and Gravity Rush but for the most part, she's actually pretty bad.  Try as she might, she can't get very far in games like Mario Galaxy, Braid, Peggle (which blows my mind since that's like mandatory in my house), Pikmin 2 (which she LOVES), any RPG, Mario Kart, and any niumber of games that require some sort of skill curve.

Mario Kart is mostly based on luck and what items you get, often if you get lucky with a good item very early on and pull into first you end up staying there because the other players all just fight with eachother.  Mario Galaxy could not possibly hold the players hand more than it does already either.

Mario kart based on luck? lol, i have a group of friends that, for the past 3 years, have tried to beat me or a least keep up my pace, i've even told them every secret and every strategy i use but they are never on my level, mario kart really requires skill to be the superior