By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioware on how to milk gamers' pockets: day-one DLC, online passes, microtransactions

AndrewWK said:
I am fine with DLC. I loved the story DLCs from Mass Effect 2 and I will buy the Leviatan DLC for Mass Effect 3.

Not when the pre-release production is affected. 

Yay!!!

Around the Network
L.C.E.C. said:
AndrewWK said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Gamers have the choice not to pay the extra $10 for DLC that adds little or nothing to the game. $10 for an extra character, a new weapon and one or two hours of additional game play.
A gamer pays $50 or $60 for an incomplete game. Developers withhold content for the game by releasing them in 4 or 5 installment at $10 a pop to add $40 or $50 on top of a $50 or $60 game.

You get a complete game. The DLC mostly never even has an effect on the game at all. For example the from Ashes DLC was just additional content, the would not be any different if you never would buy it.

So please address how you wouldn't miss out on the new characters without DLC in SF X Tekken? You'd never get to play against them or play/learn the characters... It's a big difference. Also, you'd have a significant disadvantage online as you can't use those characters... And, they were in FACT shipped on the disc. When you bought the DLC, it just unlocked the characters that already existed/finished/polished and ready to be on the disc, but they kept it out so they could cash in by making the characters DLC. People even hacked the game to play with the DLC characters! How is that not an incomplete game?

That is the reason I never Bought SFxTekken, and I never will buy any Capcom game except of DMC.

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
AndrewWK said:
I am fine with DLC. I loved the story DLCs from Mass Effect 2 and I will buy the Leviatan DLC for Mass Effect 3.

Not when the pre-release production is affected. 

Could you specify?

The only Mass Effect 3 DLCs I have not bought (and will not) are the multiplayer weapons packs and the Firefight Pack. Why would I buy the weapons packs with real money, when just by playing the game (the entire reason I got it in the first place) will allow me to unlock them anyway? Also a few random weapons in a bundle in single-player don't cut it for me. Only way I would get them is in a pre-order bonus.

SecondWar said:
The only Mass Effect 3 DLCs I have not bought (and will not) are the multiplayer weapons packs and the Firefight Pack. Why would I buy the weapons packs with real money, when just by playing the game (the entire reason I got it in the first place) will allow me to unlock them anyway? Also a few random weapons in a bundle in single-player don't cut it for me. Only way I would get them is in a pre-order bonus.

They Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLCs are all free, you can buy Bioware points for real money and purchase ingame packs. But this is absolutely no necessity.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
SecondWar said:

They Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLCs are all free, you can buy Bioware points for real money and purchase ingame packs. But this is absolutely no necessity.

I was aware of that, I was only refering to the equipment packs not the maps.

On that note, I'd say the Mass Effect 3 Online Pass is a fairly good one. Multiplayer may be locked if you don't have it, but all the map packs (so far at least) are free.