By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kingdom Hearts 3D or Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Tagged games:

What should I buy?

Kid Icarus 54 41.22%

Kingdom Hearts 23 17.56%

Neither 1 0.76%

Both! 38 29.01%

Pfft get a Wii U instead! 15 11.45%

Total:131

Nah, Kid Icarus. Definitely.

I've only played the demo of Kingdom Hearts, but I find it... meh.
But then again I've never been a Kingdom Heart fan anyway.

I take it you have other 3DS games by the way? Otherwise there'd be better games than either of those.

Around the Network

Gravity Rush! (TROLL MODE)

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

we you

S.Peelman said:

Nah, Kid Icarus. Definitely.

I've only played the demo of Kingdom Hearts, but I find it... meh.
But then again I've never been a Kingdom Heart fan anyway.

I take it you have other 3DS games by the way? Otherwise there'd be better games than either of those.

Street Fighter, Ocarina, 3D Land, and Mario Kart. I'm mostly playing DS games that I've missed (professor Layton, Mario and Luigi). I really would buy both of them, but I have to consider a lot before that. also considering the 3DS XL

Only buy Kingdom Hearts if you're a big fan of the series. Honestly, you can just view all the cutscenes from the last world, there's barely any story in the worlds before it.

Around the Network

They're both great games. They really don't have much in common, so I'm not sure why you'd pick one over the other unless you only had $40 to spend.

Kid Icarus has control issues, it just does. It's very difficult and uncomfortable to turn Pit around if something is shooting you from behind, which happens all the time. It's slow, cumbersome, and it's not something you really ever get used to. You're best bet is to train yourself to never need to turn around in the game. Beyond that, I won't dock the game for any other control issues, because the fundamental way the combat is designed, you need to use the shoulder button, stylus, and circle pad to perform three different functions, there's just no other way for this game to work. Definitely the most hardcore, deep, rewarding game on 3DS, at least until MH4 comes out. Production values, music, level design, all are absolutely top notch.

Kingdom Hearts is basically just a tread-water spinoff. The combat is faster and more fluid, but the worlds and enemies really aren't anything that will surprise the pants off you. I'd wait for KHIII unless you just find some kind of crazy insane deal where you can't avoid picking up a copy of the game.

I'd pick Kid Icarus, it's more than worth $40.

sperrico87 said:
They're both great games. They really don't have much in common, so I'm not sure why you'd pick one over the other unless you only had $40 to spend.

Kid Icarus has control issues, it just does. It's very difficult and uncomfortable to turn Pit around if something is shooting you from behind, which happens all the time. It's slow, cumbersome, and it's not something you really ever get used to. You're best bet is to train yourself to never need to turn around in the game. Beyond that, I won't dock the game for any other control issues, because the fundamental way the combat is designed, you need to use the shoulder button, stylus, and circle pad to perform three different functions, there's just no other way for this game to work. Definitely the most hardcore, deep, rewarding game on 3DS, at least until MH4 comes out. Production values, music, level design, all are absolutely top notch.

Kingdom Hearts is basically just a tread-water spinoff. The combat is faster and more fluid, but the worlds and enemies really aren't anything that will surprise the pants off you. I'd wait for KHIII unless you just find some kind of crazy insane deal where you can't avoid picking up a copy of the game.

I'd pick Kid Icarus, it's more than worth $40.

Yeah I'm already short on cash. That was a good review thanks!

Well, as you probably already know, there's a demo of Kingdom Hearts. I say give it a try. I downloaded it but as soon as I found out that the CPP support wasn't available in the demo, I turned it off. Never liked the Kingdom Hearts series but there are plenty of people that absolutely love it.

Kid Icarus is a great game if you can get past the inexplicably insane control setup. Even now, I still am not comfortable with any of the interface options.

I think you're going to be satisfied and disappointed (at the same time!) regardless of which one you choose.

d21lewis said:
Well, as you probably already know, there's a demo of Kingdom Hearts. I say give it a try. I downloaded it but as soon as I found out that the CPP support wasn't available in the demo, I turned it off. Never liked the Kingdom Hearts series but there are plenty of people that absolutely love it.

Kid Icarus is a great game if you can get past the inexplicably insane control setup. Even now, I still am not comfortable with any of the interface options.

I think you're going to be satisfied and disappointed (at the same time!) regardless of which one you choose.

I need wifi for that. I'll get the demo next week then!

The thing is in Kid Icarus, you can do too many things. You're short two hands.