By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I was banned for 20 days, unfairly

Well not long ago i made a thread where i asked for peoples' advice on what to spend my money on.  Jay520 posted a comment  :Lol, your profile says your twenty years old. Get yo lying ass outta here! --------- A classic FattyDingDong thread....keep on trollin'  ...Yes my profile does say im 20 years old but why would i put my real age on my profile? I dont wanna put my real age on my page especially of Im under aged.  If he didn't like my thread he didn't have to post in it..  I decided to report him.  But guess what.. nothing happened .. I thought this was unfair..   Here is the link .. go to page 2 to see his comment.. before he edits it.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=145416&page=1

A few days later JAY520  made a thread titled "What religion is correct".   So I posted a comment saying "Typical jay520 thread keep on trolling". Just to see what he's reaction will be.  And guess what happened, Jay decided to report me.. and I got banned for 20 days!   Now some of you folks might not like me and i respect that. But you have to admit this is wasn't fair at all.  How come he didnt get banned for 20 days when i reported him for calling me a TROLL? Read the message below. that's why i made this thread. I just feel like this wasn't fair at all. 

"from twesterm, to FattyDingDong on 21 July 2012

(Delete Message)

You are receiving this message for violation of forum rules regarding Flaming (Do not call other users trolls. If you don't like a thread, don't Post in it. If you think someone is trolling, report them. ) [Post Reference] Please review the forum rules here to avoid future moderation action. Banned: 20 days

I trust no one, not even myself.

Around the Network

Wow that's harsh. Jay520 keep your finger away from that report button, sheesh.
I can't stand people who report such trivial things, tbh.

Dont get me wrong. I know that i shouldn't have called him a "troll" and yes i did deserve to get banned.. but what pisses me off is that he didn't get banned for calling me a troll..

What's the deal, do you guys usually rib each other?

Anyway, 20 days is a lot, but I also know that the moderations scale up by bans within a time frame. You don't just get 20 days for a violation, it's usually after a series of violations. Anyway, I apologize if that's not the deal with you, but I'd say definitely hold back because a lot of people just have no humor, and or don't understand sarcasm or irony.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with this thread? Are you trying to get Jay banned for something that happened 20 days ago?

@ prof His mod history is very long.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:
What exactly are you trying to accomplish with this thread? Are you trying to get Jay banned for something that happened 20 days ago?

It's probably to try and expose some kind of Moderation Bias.  

amp316 said:

I don't really pay attention to anything that happens outside the mafia threads except for the sales threads and sometimes crazy political threads. ALl this drama that happens out here is just bizarre.

Compared to in mafia threads where we call each other very vicious slurs and degrading epithets, it's hard to go back to the other side.

theprof00 said:
What's the deal, do you guys usually rib each other?

Anyway, 20 days is a lot, but I also know that the moderations scale up by bans within a time frame. You don't just get 20 days for a violation, it's usually after a series of violations. Anyway, I apologize if that's not the deal with you, but I'd say definitely hold back because a lot of people just have no humor, and or don't understand sarcasm or irony.

Well i have nothing against the guy. But he loves to post comments in my threads and troll. he loves to accuse me of trolling.. but guess what he never get any warnings for that..   but when FattyDingDong does it... that's different apprerantly.. 

shakarak said:
amp316 said:

Well... I'm new at this position so won't take it personally.  

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
shakarak said:
amp316 said:

Well... I'm new at this position so won't take it personally.  

That's exactly what your mother said, trebek.