By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sleeping Dogs review thread: 9/10 in OXM - 'A better game than we were expecting'

Tagged games:

zarx said:
ghettoglamour said:
zarx said:
ghettoglamour said:
Darksiders 2 and this are looking good. I'll check more reviews to decide which one I'm getting day 1 and which one I'll get when the price drops.

you should just preorder every game I make a hype thread for

lol, I don't pre-order unless I'm 100% sure the game will be a beast. Such games as Uncharted 3, Mass Effect 3, Fifa 13, etc. For everything else I wait for reviews and even then I only buy full price if the game gets great reviews and I'm sure I'll like it. Specially with Sleeping Dogs I'm not so sure the game has the quality for being a day 1 for me. It looks like it'll have enough quantity and variety but the quality and polish of the missions and activities have to be confirmed yet.

that is the past now you just preoder what i tell you too lol

But seriously I can totally get waiting for reviews before per-ordering games. And for sleeping dogs especialy as even I am not 100% even tho I did preorder it lol. Of course I got a 20% discount for preordering it when I did. 

Well here in Switzerland I don't know any shops that make discounts if you pre-order and if they do, the games are still cheaper if you buy them online, so it doesn't pay off.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to those 2 games and I hope they'll be positively review, this year has been a bit dry so far and I haven't bought any games day 1 since Max Payne 3 back in May.

After that I'm looking also forward to Borderlands 2, Fifa 13, Dishonored, NFS Most Wanted, Ass Creed, Hitman, etc. Enough stuff to spend my money ;)

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

opm uk gave it 9/10

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Sounds great, might get it.

Wow getting Eidos was so good for S-E

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Good, good for them. United Front seemed like a promising dev after I played Modnation. Will probably look into this at some point.

Ign gave it 8.5 and Gamespot 8.0
I always agreed with the Ign reviews, and when this fat bastard with this annoying voice does them.

Around the Network

great...maybe this one will end up better critic-wise than True Crime LA & NY...i loved them both...maybe the third one will be the best that would be great!

This game releases today, eh? I'll try to grab it tomorrow. Had my eye on it for a while but I wasn't sure if it was worth buying. Now, I know.

I love this game...so far.

Have they made a Demo?

Got it. Haven't even read a review or anything. I think I may have watched a couple of trailers. I'm going into it with no expectations but I hope to be as impressed as the thread title's source.