By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSM3 reviews devil may cry 4

A score of 8/10 on the 360/PS3 is a great score, thats like an 9/10 based on last gen scores or an 8.5/10 on the wii. People expect perfection on 360/PS3 and they mark down alot if its not perfect, while the other systems have lower expectations and games score higher.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
A score of 8/10 on the 360/PS3 is a great score, thats like an 9/10 based on last gen scores or an 8.5/10 on the wii. People expect perfection on 360/PS3 and they mark down alot if its not perfect, while the other systems have lower expectations and games score higher.

Good point =), i agree with you.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Really? An 8/10? I was expecting a little more from the DMC series. I will be buying it anyway though :P

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

leo-j said:
Im no longer buying it if it averages below 90.

Lol, if your no longer buying games that average below 90 these days leo, you might want to change consoles:)

OH SNAP!!! 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

ON topic. I have never played DMC, but was under the impression that this franchise was of a slightly higher quality. I agree with earlier posters. It will sell to fans, primarily in Japan where it will move some PS3's, but its not a major system-seller.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

For everyone who doesn't know, the DMC series sells best in NA then Europe then Japan.

It will move a lot of hardware, but it wont be a massive seller software wise.

Question: Has this one review even influenced 360 owners?

I noticed that a vocal Wii fan has put in their own 2 cents.

Griffin said:

Nah I don't buy that at all.  plenty of games can get 9/10 or higher on a 360.  An 8/10 now is just as hard/easy to get as it was in the last generation.

That doesn't mean 8/10 is bad.  8/10 is good.  Plus if you are a fan of the genre or series then DMC4 is undoubtedly a must have but let's not get carried away and say 8/10 on PS60 is not equivalent to 8/10 on Wii.

all i got out of that review is this is a frustratingly difficult game.

azrm2k said:
Griffin said:

Nah I don't buy that at all. plenty of games can get 9/10 or higher on a 360. An 8/10 now is just as hard/easy to get as it was in the last generation.

That doesn't mean 8/10 is bad. 8/10 is good. Plus if you are a fan of the genre or series then DMC4 is undoubtedly a must have but let's not get carried away and say 8/10 on PS60 is not equivalent to 8/10 on Wii.

GH3 on the wii had mono sound when it came out, try putting that on the 360/PS3 and see what happens.  Games with no MP will also suffer more on the 360/PS3 then if they came out on the wii with no MP.