By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BioWare: Mass Effect 3 Wii U being ported by external third-party developer

Harder to develop for than PS3 confirmed.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
Attoyou said:

Exept every report has said otherise.

Khuutra said:
lilbroex said:
Khuutra said:

I already own the series on 360, and will be buying the collection on PC if they ever release the trilogy as a package. In order for me to buy the Wii U version they'd have to do something really special with the controller, or give me osme other kind of powerful incentive.

How are you going to say something is alright when you don't want it? Thats ludicrous.

Other people will decide if its alright for them. If you don't intend to get it then that comment can't hold water.

There is no meter of validity by which our words are measured, and no single standard to which our convictions are held.

Let BioWare work in making the game itself better; another studio, more skilled on Nintendo's hardware, would be better served in bringing the game over. There is no transgression here.

Nintendo is not a classification of hardware. That statement alone is when I called BS on what they were saying.

The finalised dev kits just came out. There is no one really more skilled in the hardware than anyone else at the moment besides Nintendo.

This is like the Wii all over again. NFS Hot Pursuit was given to a 3rd party dev because they were too lazy to put in the effort and what came out was abyssmal. It was the same with the Sims. They didn't even bother to beta test the games.

Same with Activision and the call of duty games for the Wii.

This shows one thing and one thing only. They do not care anywhere near as much about the Nintendo customers. You can make as many exsuses for them, as you wish but they aren't doing this to the Sony and Microsoft customers.

Jay520 said:
You don't have the justification to say "f*** EA" before you see how well the game is ported.

This, he hasnt even played the game yet, but is already talking crap, for all we know it could be a great port. Hell this is a common practice, Sanzura did the ports for the Sly games and Clover didnt do the port for Okami on Wii and both turned out great

lilbroex said:

Nintendo is not a classification of hardware. That statement alone is when I called BS on what they were saying.

The finalised dev kits just came out. There is no one really more skilled in the hardware than anyone else at the moment besides Nintendo.

This is like the Wii all over again. NFS Hot Pursuit was given to a 3rd party dev because they were too lazy to put in the effort and what came out was abyssmal. It was the same with the Sims. They didn't even bother to beta test the games.

This shows one thing and one thing only. They do not care anywhere near as much about the Nintendo customers. You can make as many exsuses for them, as you wish but they aren't doing this to the Sony and Microsoft customers.

Shinen seemed to indicate that prior experience on the Wii helps on the Wii U, but that, honestly, is neither here nor there.

This is not an independently developed game like the ones you mentioned. This is a port. This news - that BioWare would continue to focus on making new content - should be expected. You are overreacting.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Nothing wrong with this, in my opinion. Loads of third-parties I had never heard of handled the HD Collections of PS2 games for PS3, and I haven't had any problems with any of those. With the work already done, it kind of makes sense for Bioware to be moving on to other things.

This

Plus if you have seen the game in action on the Wii U, it is looking/running perfectly and the Gamepad is also being used very well in appropriate ways instead of some look at me gimmick crap that you expect if some Marketing people were in charge of the port.

Attoyou said:

I don't pay for easy. I pay for good and the PS3 games quality is great.

cusman said:
Attoyou said:

I don't pay for easy. I pay for good and the PS3 games quality is great.

i like the cut of your jib, sir.

Simply being handled by an external developer tells us little about the quality of the port ...

Realistically, it should be fairly easy to get the game up and running on the Wii U fairly quickly. This means that most of the resources devoted to porting the game will be dealing with taking advantage of the unique features of the Wii U. If the developer is competent and are given decent resources they should be able to bring a worthwhile port to the Wii U, if we're lucky and they're a good developer given a lot of resources they could make something special, and if they're a poor developer and are starved for money it will likely be an awful port.

Khuutra said:
lilbroex said:

Shinen seemed to indicate that prior experience on the Wii helps on the Wii U, but that, honestly, is neither here nor there.

This is not an independently developed game like the ones you mentioned. This is a port. This news - that BioWare would continue to focus on making new content - should be expected. You are overreacting.

If you believe that, then click on my thread abou the Madden Q&A. The signs are showing.