By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BioWare: Mass Effect 3 Wii U being ported by external third-party developer

BioWare have confirmed that they have engaged an external third-party developer to bring Mass Effect 3 to Wii U.

Although, that isn’t something to worry about, as, whilst their identity wasn’t confirmed, they are cited as having “a ton of Nintendo experience.”

“Well, we’re actually working with a third-party external developer who has a ton of Nintendo experience,” revealed Melanie Faulknor, Assistant Localization Project Manager at BioWare, during a video interview with GotGame.

“We wanted to bring that to the platform as well, jsut so we had somebody who knew Nintendo really well.”

In terms of supported Wii U GamePad functionality, players will be able to assign ammo, biotic, combat and tech powers to hot keys on the touch screen, the ability to issue commands to squad mates, and an interactive map.

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2012/08/04/bioware-mass-effect-3-wii-u-being-ported-by-external-third-party-developer/?

Video

http://gotgame.com/2012/08/03/ea-summer-showcase-2012-mass-effect-3-wii-u-interview/

F*** EA.

Around the Network

No, this is fine.

THe Mass Effect team needs to be focused on making new content for ME3, not putting any resources toward a port.

Of course this was expected anyway.

Khuutra said:
No, this is fine.

THe Mass Effect team needs to be focused on making new content for ME3, not putting any resources toward a port.

This is fine? Are you going to buy this game then?

Nothing wrong with this, in my opinion. Loads of third-parties I had never heard of handled the HD Collections of PS2 games for PS3, and I haven't had any problems with any of those. With the work already done, it kind of makes sense for Bioware to be moving on to other things.

lilbroex said:
Khuutra said:
No, this is fine.

I already own the series on 360, and will be buying the collection on PC if they ever release the trilogy as a package. In order for me to buy the Wii U version they'd have to do something really special with the controller, or give me osme other kind of powerful incentive.

Around the Network

It might end up being a better port than what Bioware can do like Oblivion on PS3 wasn't done by Bethsoft but ended up being much more stable than any ports by Bethsoft.

lilbroex said:

F*** EA.

sensitive much?  ME3 came out march and the team as long since moved onto other projects. porting can be done just as well by a less creative teams so why waste the good talent on simple tasks.

Khuutra said:
lilbroex said:

I already own the series on 360, and will be buying the collection on PC if they ever release the trilogy as a package. In order for me to buy the Wii U version they'd have to do something really special with the controller, or give me osme other kind of powerful incentive.

How are you going to say something is alright when you don't want it? Thats ludicrous.

Other people will decide if its alright for them. If you don't intend to get it then that comment can't hold water.

lilbroex said:
Khuutra said:

How are you going to say something is alright when you don't want it? Thats ludicrous.

Other people will decide if its alright for them. If you don't intend to get it then that comment can't hold water.

There is no meter of validity by which our words are measured, and no single standard to which our convictions are held.

Let BioWare work in making the game itself better; another studio, more skilled on Nintendo's hardware, would be better served in bringing the game over. There is no transgression here.

You don't have the justification to say "f*** EA" before you see how well the game is ported.