By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - It's illegal to impede water flow on your own property in Oregon

This article really twists the situation out of control. He had the rights to those ponds, which he later lost for some reason (and likely not for no reason. Zoning boards usually aren't arbitrary or overly-activist), and was then diverting water from how it would naturally flow

For a place called natural news, they don't seem to like nature

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

it still is better than:

"It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale."

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
it still is better than:

"It is a misdemeanor to shoot at any kind of game from a moving vehicle, unless the target is a whale."

It sounds silly, but that one makes a lot of sense to me. Moving vehicles and firearms seem like a bad combination which should be discouraged, but obviously whalers can't just drop anchor and hope a whale swims by.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

You missed the point. This is one step closer of the USA becoming a tyranical police state.

NobleTeam360 said:
You missed the point. This is one step closer of the USA becoming a tyranical police state.

No, its not. This is out-of-context libertarian alarmism. The community has always had a stake in water rights, and water that flows through, to, or from your property is your responsibility, as in, you can't do bad things with it.

I'm sorely tempted to edit this thread title, really, but i'll keep this out of my new purview and instead just voice my disapproval

Around the Network

OREGON! FUCK YEAH!

that said lol at this but meh.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Mr Khan said:
NobleTeam360 said:

No, its not. This is out-of-context libertarian alarmism. The community has always had a stake in water rights, and water that flows through, to, or from your property is your responsibility, as in, you can't do bad things with it.

I'm sorely tempted to edit this thread title, really, but i'll keep this out of my new purview and instead just voice my disapproval

Feel free to edit, all I've read is this article. Clearly there's more to it than just what this article said.

SamuelRSmith said:
Mr Khan said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Feel free to edit, all I've read is this article. Clearly there's more to it than just what this article said.

The sticking point is this statement, here

Paul continues, "If you build a dam, an earthen dam, and interrupt the flow of water off of [YOUR OWN] property, and store that water that is an activity that would require a water right permit from us."

Yes, you aren't entitled to block the flow of rainwater off of your property, if it's coming out of a body of water. Rain barrels are one thing (though they are heavily discouraged where i live, but for a different reason, because still water makes for mosquito breeding grounds and mosquitos around here can carry West Nile), but this is about water flow.
How about we fix the title to "It's now illegal to block the flow of water on your property in Oregon"?

Mr Khan said:
SamuelRSmith said:
Mr Khan said:
NobleTeam360 said:

The sticking point is this statement, here

Paul continues, "If you build a dam, an earthen dam, and interrupt the flow of water off of [YOUR OWN] property, and store that water that is an activity that would require a water right permit from us."

Yes, you aren't entitled to block the flow of rainwater off of your property, if it's coming out of a body of water. Rain barrels are one thing (though they are heavily discouraged where i live, but for a different reason, because still water makes for mosquito breeding grounds and mosquitos around here can carry West Nile), but this is about water flow.
How about we fix the title to "It's now illegal to block the flow of water on your property in Oregon"?

Like I said, change.

I'd still take issue with that statement, too.

And I thought it was crappy for the brazilian government to have a stake on any valuable ore you find in the underground of your property.

How long will the western world come up with stupid laws and unfair imprisonments and pretend it's still any fairer than Russia or China? To think a member posted on another thread that China would have to be freer politically "to be taken seriously". Haha.