By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Game division made $375m profit (FY 2011)

kowenicki said:
babuks said:

Some people just can't stand that Sony is making money from its gaming division, it shows from their irrelevant talks. 'Last year, this year'... WTH?

@Turkish, please keep the news coming and ignore those irrelevant comments. I don't mind if you are a Sony fan. There are Microsoft and Nintendo fans out there posting all the things they like, they are not blamed. Sony is the target nowadays. They just can't stand any good news about it.

good news about SONY corp..? where?

Why are you with so baseless argument? I like your posts in other threads, but seems like you are not reading comments here and just trying to bash down anyone talking positive about Sony. 

I said 'Sony is making money from its gaming division', where did I say anything about 'Sony Corp.'? I was only talking about the 'gaming division'. :|

Around the Network
Turkish said:
ZaneWane said:
game division underperforms http://gamingbolt.com/sony-posts-312-million-loss-for-q1-2013-game-division-underperforms

This thread is about last FY, stay on topic.

this thread is misleading

Since the OP did not clarify, Sony's FY11 ended 31 March 2012.

Sony made money on gaming for the fiscal year ending 31 March 2012. But it has lost money on that division the last two quarters.

More importantly though, the entire company is awash in red ink and the gaming division is looked upon as a profit center in the current structure. So losing money is not a good thing.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Wow nice to know that they did

I would have never known that SCE ever profited if you had never made this thread

mike_intellivision said:
Since the OP did not clarify, Sony's FY11 ended 31 March 2012.

Sony made money on gaming for the fiscal year ending 31 March 2012. But it has lost money on that division the last two quarters.

More importantly though, the entire company is awash in red ink and the gaming division is looked upon as a profit center in the current structure. So losing money is not a good thing.

Mike from Morgantown

The end of financial year, is that what the Japanese use to mark it? or is that an assumption people are using because in their country it is 31 March 2012?

Only reason I ask is because in Aus end of financial year is 30 June 2012.

Around the Network

Everytime I read Kowenicki's posts about Sony I can't help but imagining him shouting.

PakChiuCheng said:
Everytime I read Kowenicki's posts about Sony I can't help but imagining him shouting.

Actual i imagine him being quite carm as he is right. Sony corp as a whole is in bad shape.

Turkish on the other hand I can imagine him yelling game division made a profit so wh is everyone picking on sony.

there is a difference between operatring income and net income ... so probably sony did NOT make a profit ... stupid thread !!!

---

>User was moderated for this post

skilllz said:
there is a difference between operatring income and net income ... so probably sony did NOT make a profit ... stupid thread !!!

This. But since this is a Sony dominated forum your comment will probably be conveniently overlooked :)

Sony Corp. 2011 fiscal year ending March 31, 2012     Operating Income  -$860 million    Net Income  -$5.8 billion       See the (massive) difference?

So I believe this thread:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=144920&page=

and the $1.2 billion loss is more like it.

Cherry-picking at it's finest.

WII Code: 1732 3363 1704 6441

mitlar37 said:
skilllz said:

This. But since this is a Sony dominated forum your comment will probably be conveniently overlooked :)

Sony Corp. 2011 fiscal year ending March 31, 2012     Operating Income  -$860 million    Net Income  -$5.8 billion       See the (massive) difference?

So I believe this thread:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=144920&page=

and the $1.2 billion loss is more like it.

Cherry-picking at it's finest.

isn't the difference just operating income is profit before tax? where as net oncome is just profit after.

So in theory they would still have some sort of profit, granted smaller than shown.