By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you Racist and Why?

Kasz216 said:

It largely depends on how you define racist.

Arguably under one definition every person here is racist due to the coercive force of culture on ones subconscious mind.

Which is seen as part of what we call in the west the "White Privilege effect". (Because it benefits whites here.)

A good example is this in action are these tests.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/

If you follow the directions completely and act quickly... i think you'll be surprised at the results.

The best way to accidently comit racist actions is to think you aren't racist.

Your Result

Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between African American and European American.

Did I won something? cake? I like cake.... xD

Now I have to learn how to upload a pic...

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

The best way to accidently comit racist actions is to think you aren't racist.

I think there's a lot of truth to that.

Which is why I have ambivalent feelings about the strong emphasis our modern society puts behind demonizing racism and other prejudices like homophobia, anti-semitism etc. Since everyone wants to think of himself as a good guy, without real insight I think it simply leads to many people denying to themselves that they have a tendency for these feelings as well. The result will look great on the surface, everyone will claim to be non-racist etc., but in practice the result might even be counter-productive.

Faxanadu said:
@amp: of course not. As long as you take em all, you should be fine.

Oh, I see where you're coming from, so you are on border line double-standards.

I really don't know how you could say liking another race is racism when I would think it's far from it.

@Pie: It is racial profiling. You attribute a specific race with specific (physical) traits. Only because it is positive doesnt make it any less racism.

What is the difference between saying black people are physically gifted or saying they are more apt for violent crime? Both are stating that black people are different from us/ others. It is both racism.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

zero129 said:
AndrewWK said:
zero129 said:
NintendoPie said:
zero129 said:
AndrewWK said:
I don´t like jews, germans, Chinese, English and moslems

You know why? Because I can.

Really? is the any reason for why you hate them?

Because he can.

Lol i know he said that, but id still like to know why. But then i think maybe he is just joking??.

Never said I hate them. I was joking I am not a racist, just sexist. But I love making of those people

Well i think i might be sexist too in that i dont like dating girls that i think is ugly O_o , does that make me sexist??.

It depends on how you see things. Nobody like and fat girls. All those people who say the opposite are just hipocrits, maybe they respect them none of them dreams of having sex with them. This is no sexism it is just being human.

@OP

I have a question. If I say Sandnigger to a Pakistani or Arabian, this is racist right? But if I say Black people are the best athletes. Is this racism too?

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:

It depends on how you see things. Nobody like and fat girls. All those people who say the opposite are just hipocrits, maybe they respect them none of them dreams of having sex with them. This is no sexism it is just being human.

@OP

I have a question. If I say Sandnigger to a Pakistani or Arabian, this is racist right? But if I say Black people are the best athletes. Is this racism too?

According to the guy above you, yes.

NintendoPie said:
AndrewWK said:

@OP

According to the guy above you, yes.

even if its true?

AndrewWK said:

even if its true?

Yup, according to him everything has to be considered the same. I can't like something more than another, so a Black person can't be better than another.

I don't know about "black and white" thing. I don't understand about American people, they had black president but I still heard about racist in American. I'm chinesse asian and born and grow up in Indonesian, and chinese people in Indonesia doesn't have any chance to become a president.

Runa216 said:
I'm probably one of the only ones that'll say straight up that I'm a little bit racist. I mean, I don't TRY to be, I certainly don't WANT to be, and when it comes to science I really have no REASON to be....but I am. What can I say? I hate americans. Well, I hate the super patriotic "WOOHOO AMERICAAAAA YEAH!" types, the rednecks, the red-states, the republicans.

but that's not actually racist. See, being racist is hating someone or prematurely judging them becuase of a skin color or ethnicity. I don't hate them because they're american, I hate them becuase they're patriotic ignorant americans. I hate them for their behaviour and attitude, not their nationality. I don't automatically assume ALL americans are like that (though I fully admit that's my go-to response when first meeting an american...you're a hick until proven enlightened), but at the same time, it's not hard to stereotype.

I also have a thing against the dutch reformed populace in our town, though again that's not me hating them becuase they're dutch, I hate them becuase they're religious and very oppressive of the nontheistic in this town, and they're frankly the exact kind of ignorant religious extremists that I harp on about all the time. we have a town of 2000, and there's like 5 churches. If you're not religious, if you're not a God fearing dutch family with 13 kids (I kid you not, families of 8 or more is common here), you're scum.

so yeah, I'm alittle bit racist, but we all are. Everyone's a little bit racist sometimes. Doesn't mean you go around committing hate crimes.

* Waves an American flag in your face* USA USA USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol just kidding