By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 - Time for a Redesigned Controller At Long Last?

Should the Playstation Controller

be completely redesigned? 91 23.88%

be slightly updated? 206 54.07%

left exactly the way it is? 81 21.26%

Total:378
zero129 said:
I really dont know how people can say the DualShock is the best controller out there, do ye guys not get the blisters on your thumbs from the mushroom analog sticks??. Anyway they really need to remove the mushroom sticks imo and it would be a much better joypad.

Do you? O_o

I haven't had blisters on my fingers from a controller since the PS1 days of playing beat-em-ups on the D-Pad.

N64 controller was a bit rough on the thumb as well.

But yeah, I've actually never heard of that one before from a PS3 controller :P

Around the Network

Just make it so the L2&R2 buttons aren't so mushy.

I never understood why they only have 1 official controller.
Why not offer different designs including a premium controller.

First things first, like so many have said, improved R2/L2 triggers and concave analog sticks.

Then I would like to see a premium controller, slightly bigger sturdier build with the option to split in 2 parts so you don't have to keep your hands together all the time. The nice thing about the wii setup is that you can sit back comfortably anyway you like and not have your hands bound together in front of you all the time.
Both halves with their own battery and wireless ofcourse with a slick magnetic twist lock to put them back together.

Space out L2 & R2 with their counterparts, and even less tablet screen.

Exactly. Let's keep it that way, Sony.

Galaki said:
Here's a prototype of the PS4 controller.

My idea for Sony would actually be to make games that, just like Move edition games use Move, would actively use the PSVita as a controller and be like "psvita enabled".

The dual shock doesn't really need to be changed but rather improved and tweeked but the PSvitashould be taken advantage of, before Nintendo reigns supreme again.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Kresnik said:
zero129 said:
I really dont know how people can say the DualShock is the best controller out there, do ye guys not get the blisters on your thumbs from the mushroom analog sticks??. Anyway they really need to remove the mushroom sticks imo and it would be a much better joypad.

Do you? O_o

I haven't had blisters on my fingers from a controller since the PS1 days of playing beat-em-ups on the D-Pad.

Yes lol after about an hour of play it starts to happen. But if they removed the mushroom like top it wouldnt be a problem.

In 15 years of Playstation gaming I've never had this problem, but I'm sorry to hear it happens to you anyway.

Maybe you should redesign your thumbs :(

zero129 said:
Kresnik said:
zero129 said:

Do you? O_o

Yes lol after about an hour of play it starts to happen. But if they removed the mushroom like top it wouldnt be a problem.

maybe your hands are just susceptible to blisters? i've never heard of anyone having blisters on their hands after just 1 hour of using a dualshock or any other controller.

The design of the Playstation controller is the primary reason no PS has ever been my primary console (though I've owned them all); after any extended period of play time my hands feel like two arthritic claws.

So I'd absolutely prefer a change. The 360 controller has probably been my favorite controller to date, but I'm not against Sony going in a different direction, as long as it is a little bigger.

Vita d-pad? I cant play wipeout for shit with that thing!! dunno why, guess because it takes a lot of time till it triggers!

A re-design would be nice.
Though I don't have much wrong with the current... a change would still be very nice.