By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - London 2012 Opening Ceremony

What did you think of the London 2012 opening ceremony?

10 (Amazing, the best ever!) 15 14.71%

9 12 11.76%

8 21 20.59%

7 11 10.78%

6 7 6.86%

5 (Pretty Average) 10 9.80%

4 7 6.86%

3 3 2.94%

2 2 1.96%

1 (I poked my eyes out cause it was so bad!) 14 13.73%

Total:102

It was nice, but couldn't watch it completely :(

Around the Network

Anyone know where I can watch it? I was working

^_^

Here's a link to watch the opening ceremony.

Don't see why this needed a seperate thread though...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01l4ldk/Olympic_Ceremonies_London_2012_Opening_Ceremony/

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

arcane_chaos said:
it was okay...I think it will be awhile before anyone tops Bejing..I'll give it a 7.

Then once they do beat Beijing, they'll have to make the extra leap to beat Sydney.

Anyone here would make a london olympics score thread it would be lovely

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

I thought the beginning was stunning. The switch from rural Britain to industrialisation was fantastic to watch. Mr bean was hilarious as usual. The part with Dizzie rascal and the whole Internet thing was a low point I thought. There were much better things they could've shown. But the athletes parade is always my favourite part and I thought it was handled very well. A 7.5-8 out of 10 for me.

Edit: voldermort was great aswell :)

The Sydney 2000 Games will remain my favourite Olympic Games of all time. The London 2012 Games Opening for me was boring and disappointing. 

I would have loved to have seen more detail on Britain's history. It seems like they started just before the industrial revolution, and then it was all done...just like that!

Britain has a rich history, like the Pagan rituals of birth and regrown with Stone/Wood henge, the feudal ages, the unification of kingdoms and being the first (and still only?) empire to have been known as the 24 hour empire. Hell, they are responsible for making English the world's universal language.

I still enjoyed the show, though the theme was a little all-over-the-place. I honestly never saw the tribute to the NHS coming, but still enjoyable. Mr Bean made me crack up. I would have killed to have seen a more thorough tribute to British comedy, thinking in the Monty Python cutout style.

All in all, very good job, Britain. Beijing's ceremony was a visual spectacular, but seemed lacking in depth in some regards. Britain went back to story-based ceremony, which I've loved since Sydney 2000 (still the best one for me)

fordy said:
arcane_chaos said:
it was okay...I think it will be awhile before anyone tops Bejing..I'll give it a 7.

Then once they do beat Beijing, they'll have to make the extra leap to beat Sydney.

Beijing was bettter IMO, the drums were just too amazing.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

I loved it!

i found it better then Beijing because i didn't have to worry about people getting shot in the head later if they made a mistake.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’