By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIV THREAD [Return to Ivalice]

Tagged games:

Ivalice is in FFXIV!?

WTF!? 0 0%

Holyshit! 4 80.00%

Cool 0 0%

Meh. 0 0%

See results 1 20.00%

Total:5

I'm replaying all the quests I already did in the beta, so it's a little boring at the moment.

Can't wait until I can travel elsewhere though!

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
I am having so much fun with this game , now i love my class , i realy like the warrior and tanking, so far its been easy but last night i died a couple of times in one of those 4 man dungeons , first was me not knowing the strategy i had to clean DOOM from the char and died the first time xD, after that no problem , it was easy. We end it and after that i did the dungeon again and had this healer that or let me die cause he forgots healing or he dies from the DOOM >.> .

He died like 10 times then we all quit , i think he was trolling or something >.> .

I am level 39 now, story is so slow , in story i am still in the level 29 quests.

you'll face your next primal challenge very soon.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I uploaded a frontline battle. check it out. its like domination or capture the bases with some monsters in the mix. Should I do some commentary? Don't really wanna talk over the awesome soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZhWxmlDo4o

I'm level 16 and I've just started travelling between the different starting areas.

I'm having fun, but it's starting to get a bit samey with the fetch quests. Is there still lots of other things to discover and do yet? Anything that's addictive and fun?

brendude13 said:
I'm level 16 and I've just started travelling between the different starting areas.

I'm having fun, but it's starting to get a bit samey with the fetch quests. Is there still lots of other things to discover and do yet? Anything that's addictive and fun?

You're in the tutorial levels. And.. Frontline is a lot of fun. btw you have a lot of stuff to do and catching up to do.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
brendude13 said:

You're in the tutorial levels. And.. Frontline is a lot of fun. btw you have a lot of stuff to do and catching up to do.

I know, I've just changed class for the first time. I was worried I was going to quickly with the main story quests, but I guess not.

I've just explored a lot of La Noscea, it's amazing.

I like this game a lot but its really not "open world" every zone is instanced and every zone has 1 set path with mountains/dense shrub/water to prevent you from exploring. The nice thing about MMOs is being able to do as you please, its kinda hard when the game forces you on a linear path. Other than that my WHM is a blast to play, I just need to find a FC on Zalera that raids *hint hint* Just got 50 last week =P

SickleSigh said:
I like this game a lot but its really not "open world" every zone is instanced and every zone has 1 set path with mountains/dense shrub/water to prevent you from exploring. The nice thing about MMOs is being able to do as you please, its kinda hard when the game forces you on a linear path. Other than that my WHM is a blast to play, I just need to find a FC on Zalera that raids *hint hint* Just got 50 last week =P

Open world is not an instance. What you are talking about or asking for is open world dungeons that they removed from version 1.0. My guess for that reason is that they design it this way to promote group play in dungeons, and for people with less time to play can jump in right away. There is lots of solo content in open world, and because of the Hunting Marks, some group play as well.

They can stuff in a lot more content, and lore because of the zones, which makes it feel like not just an MMO. its a Final Fantasy MMORPG which reminds me a lot of FF12. I'd like open world dungeons back too though, because some people like that stuff.

You misunderstood me. A game like WoW has no loading screens or barriers in zone to the next. For example going from Western Thanalan to East, North, South etc requires a load screen meaning its an entirely sperate instance. Its not an open world. You cant reach othr zones except for designated exit and entrance points. You cant cross water, mountains or anything really to go anywhere. It reminds me of FFX where Tidus had to follow a road to get around. Like I said though the game is still amazing. The dungeons and raids are innovative and exciting.

SickleSigh said:

You misunderstood me. A game like WoW has no loading screens or barriers in zone to the next. For example going from Western Thanalan to East, North, South etc requires a load screen meaning its an entirely sperate instance. Its not an open world. You cant reach othr zones except for designated exit and entrance points. You cant cross water, mountains or anything really to go anywhere. It reminds me of FFX where Tidus had to follow a road to get around. Like I said though the game is still amazing. The dungeons and raids are innovative and exciting.

You have it mixed up. There is a difference between seamless, and none seamless. its is a separate zone, not an instance. Do you understand this?

The only instances this game has is in the dungeons because they're in a different server from your game world.