By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIV THREAD [Return to Ivalice]

Tagged games:

Ivalice is in FFXIV!?

WTF!? 0 0%

Holyshit! 4 80.00%

Cool 0 0%

Meh. 0 0%

See results 1 20.00%

Total:5
Grandia said:
deskpro2k3 said:
dahuman said:

You know as well as I do that people saying 30FPS doesn't matter compared to 60FPS are full of shit so no need to defend something that's clearly an inferior experience. I like Yoshida a lot, but PR bullshit is still PR bullshit.

60 FPS does not give you any advantage in an MMORPG.

Of course now when downgrade`s happen on a PS4 game all of the sudden it is not that important and it doens't matter but if downgrades happen on Xbox One games its  always the most imoprtant and worsest things ever for PS4 Fangirls. PS4  fangirls are really the worst hypocrites ever.

oh come on now, lets not turn this into that lol, I was just fucking around to start with, many people know I'm not PC only lol.

Around the Network
dahuman said:
Grandia said:
deskpro2k3 said:
dahuman said:

You know as well as I do that people saying 30FPS doesn't matter compared to 60FPS are full of shit so no need to defend something that's clearly an inferior experience. I like Yoshida a lot, but PR bullshit is still PR bullshit.

Of course now when downgrade`s happen on a PS4 game all of the sudden it is not that important and it doens't matter but if downgrades happen on Xbox One games its  always the most imoprtant and worsest things ever for PS4 Fangirls. PS4  fangirls are really the worst hypocrites ever.

oh come on now, lets not turn this into that lol, I was just fucking around to start with, many people know I'm not PC only lol.

But it is the truth, ps 4 gamers are the most hypocrites of all, they constantly bitch and cried the last halve year about how important 60 fps and 1080p are and how shitty and unplayable games on Xbox one are and than always when they get downgrades like the 30fps in Killzone or now with FF14 which not only has just 30fps on ps4 it also also looks way worse than the PC version and all of the sudden 60fps and 1080p and what ever shit are always not that important for them anymore. This is just  hypocritical.

dahuman said:
deskpro2k3 said:
dahuman said:
deskpro2k3 said:
dahuman said:
BTW PS4 Version 30FPS Confirmed! Console suckas! Play the game on a real machine instead of the new gen of weakness, fools!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/13/yoshida-ps4-version-of-final-fantasy-xiv-is-awesome-runs-at-30-fps-but-displays-many-characters/

It doesn't make much difference. PS4 will have 1080p resolution, and will display the same amount of characters on screen as PC.

It's still a better experience by far visually, there is always a difference, there is no need to defend it.

Ok, I respect your opinion.

I'm not defending it, I'm just telling you the truth. There is no point in boasting about 60fps in a MMORPG.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
dahuman said:
deskpro2k3 said:

It's still a better experience by far visually, there is always a difference, there is no need to defend it.

I'm not defending it, I'm just telling you the truth. There is no point in boasting about 60fps in a MMORPG.

There is for my big beautiful virtual penis!

dahuman said:
deskpro2k3 said:
dahuman said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Why do you have to be so disrespectful in my thread? First you downplay the PS4 version by slandering console users about 60fps and calling them "suckas".  60fps doesn't give you any adventage in an MMPRPG which is why Yoshida decided that it is better to show more characters on screen with 1080p resolution at 30fps.

Joking or not you don't have anything to make a valid argument judging from your last response. You must be proud of yourself.  This thread was peaceful until you came here.

Around the Network

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/21/final-fantasy-xiv-ps4-vs-pc-highest-settings-1080p-screenshot-comparison-basically-identical/

Final Fantasy XIV PS4 vs PC Highest Settings (1080p) Screenshot Comparison: Basically Identical

deskpro2k3 said:
dahuman said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Why do you have to be so disrespectful in my thread? First you downplay the PS4 version by slandering console users about 60fps and calling them "suckas".  60fps doesn't give you any adventage in an MMPRPG which is why Yoshida decided that it is better to show more characters on screen with 1080p resolution at 30fps.

Joking or not you don't have anything to make a valid argument judging from your last response. You must be proud of yourself.  This thread was peaceful until you came here.

It is what it is, I'm talking about visual advantage while you are talking about gameplay advantage and we are both right. I never once disagreed with you, you can take it however you want since it's a public forum.

I played on PS3, it bore me to the point of thinking about suicide

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Blood_Tears said:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/21/final-fantasy-xiv-ps4-vs-pc-highest-settings-1080p-screenshot-comparison-basically-identical/

Final Fantasy XIV PS4 vs PC Highest Settings (1080p) Screenshot Comparison: Basically Identical

I don't think those does the PS4 any justice since the PS4 SS are from a video capture which make them look bad. I was not doubting the PS4 to be able to render the same assets since most of them are low quality by default. I'm actually hoping that they'd bump the PS4 assets up and use the same ones on PC since PS3 is the reason why a lot of things look bad in the game to start with.

dahuman said:
deskpro2k3 said:
dahuman said:
deskpro2k3 said:

It is what it is, I'm talking about visual advantage while you are talking about gameplay advantage and we are both right. I never once disagreed with you, you can take it however you want since it's a public forum.

This is what you don't understand.. FPS helps with gameplay, it has nothing to do with its visuals. At 1080p resulotion the game looks identical visually. 60fps doesn't give you any advantage in MMORPGs. All you need in a MMORPG is a constant 30fps for smooth gameplay.

In conclusion, the PS4 version is as good as the high end PC version.