By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - OFFICIAL FINAL FANTASY XIV THREAD [Return to Ivalice]

Tagged games:

Ivalice is in FFXIV!?

WTF!? 0 0%

Holyshit! 4 80.00%

Cool 0 0%

Meh. 0 0%

See results 1 20.00%

Total:5
Naraku_Diabolos said:
weaveworld said:
Looks awesome. Time to get some info on release dates!

Unfortunately for you and non-current Final Fantasy XIV players (we current players get priority), next week is the start of open/global Alpha gameplay, so we are expecting confirmation emails allowing us to play the game. HOWEVER, we are NOT able to take screenshots and upload them online due to confidentiality and non-disclosure acts. We can't even tell you people if we are playing the game

Why don't you rub it in... oh no you just did!

I was in the first Beta but due to playing wow at the time, the many bugs and the fact that i wanted to experience this on my ps3 i didn't continue/buy the game. Do i regret this...? At times, yes.

I'll see if i can sign up for the Beta again, untill then, i hope you (all) enjoy the Alpha stages.

Around the Network

There will be open beta as well for sure. I remember Yoshi-P mentioned he wanted a lot of outside feedback because clearly they could take a poop on it and current players would probably deal with it. They need another take besides the hardcore fanbase.

so is this a totally new game compared to FFXIV or is it like an expanision,forgive my noobness

i bought FFXIV and played a bit as it was no subs but then they starting charging again so i didn't get very far and i'd never really played an mmo before,i wasn't in any groups and didn't know anyone playing it,it was still fun though

i think i'll play it on the PS3 because i'll have a better chance of getting in a group and will be in the beta

Above & Beyond

zuvuyeay said:
so is this a totally new game compared to FFXIV or is it like an expanision,forgive my noobness

i bought FFXIV and played a bit as it was no subs but then they starting charging again so i didn't get very far and i'd never really played an mmo before,i wasn't in any groups and didn't know anyone playing it,it was still fun though

i think i'll play it on the PS3 because i'll have a better chance of getting in a group and will be in the beta

It's a completely new game, all areas in the game are 100% new. Only 10% or less is carried from the first game. If you have a Legacy account (must have paid for 3 months since release), you get discounted prices for your monthly fee, you're able to create 8 characters per server, 40 total, and you get an exclusive Chocobo mount for each new character you create. The PS3 version's "graphics" have been downscaled (just mainly the image resolution, which isn't even 720p but around 5-- something). And trust me, the game was still worth paying the monthly fees for in Version 1.0.

Around the Network
Wagram said:

wow. now that looks gorgeous. I added it to first page.

It is shaping up to be what I'll call a Final Fantasy. I'm at a lost for words of how the surroundings seem to come to life with the music.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I'm not a huge fan of MMO's, but man, SE has really made a comeback with this game. I'm even a bit tempted to try this out once the final product is released.

Always excites me to come to this website and see one new post in here. lol. I do hope you give it a try Aura.

Wagram said:

Always excites me to come to this website and see one new post in here. lol. I do hope you give it a try Aura.

Hah, I feel the same way. =) Every time I see this thread pop up in hot topics, I get excited.

will we have to buy a new retail disc or will we be able to stick in the original disc and download a humongous patch