By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are the worst type of fanboys?

Who is the worst?

Sony Fanboys 222 35.75%

Microsoft Fanboys 108 17.39%

Nintendo Fanboys 69 11.11%

Apple Fanboys 133 21.42%

Android Fanboys 12 1.93%

PC Gaming Fanboys 36 5.80%

Other (Please Specify) 40 6.44%

Total:620

The worst fanboys are the ones who jizz on the keyboard and don't have the courtesy to wipe it down before the next person uses it.

Former something....

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

A  lot of times though, it isn't just Sony fans that hype a particular game's visuals that way. I've never seen a game more praised for its viusals than Uncharted 3 and most reviewers who did so, did it with glowing reviews. 

If Sony fans "overhype games they prefer", that's more a personal issue than anything else. Everyone is going to have their opinions on the matter. Me, I told you, the PC is where it's at for graphics, but on consoles, I can see the argument for many of the games that have been praised the way that they have.

@bold. But why does it happen more with Sony fans.

The thing I did like about GeneralMDL's E3 vid was that he explained that games are made by people ultimately, and that exclusivity may be ethereal.

He showed cases where PS3 fans were being overly passionate about games that, once they went multi-plat or were no longer PS exclusives, didn't get the same love. It's as if the love for the game is for its exclusivity rather than for the game itself.

And that's the part I liked about his video. It's a behavior I don't really like.

So can I and I never denied it.......

This isnt an attack on Sony they make fantastic games

Im not saying 360 users dont hype their own graphics up too much sometimes because they do, I just generally see more Sony fans acting like their games are on a whole different level graphically. They arent 99% of the time but there are few which do stand out as leaders of the pack. The Last of Us being probably the best

Yeah im not denying that stuff.

But heres an example of how it makes Sony fans look to some people

Imagine 360 fans had an apple. It was a nice ripe perfectly good looking apple. Everyone agreed it was pretty cool and just about anyone could agree it was plenty good enough. Then suddenly hardcore Sony fans jump in with an apple just a little bit bigger, a little bit riper, and just generally a littlebit more delicious looking. Instead of the Sony fans saying hey Xbox guys thats a pretty sweet apple youve got there but check this one out. It looks pretty tasty too and maybe even a little better than the other apples. Instead Sony fans have a bad habit of saying something more along the lines of, Hey Xbox guys your apple looks rotten and like complete crap compared to our glorious apple! Its so much bigger around than your and just look at how much redder it is! Who would ever what an apple like yours.

Thats pretty much what hardcore Sony fanboys act like about graphics

BenVTrigger said:

Imagine 360 fans had an apple. It was a nice ripe perfectly good looking apple. Everyone agreed it was pretty cool and just about anyone could agree it was plenty good enough. Then suddenly hardcore Sony fans jump in with an apple just a little bit bigger, a little bit riper, and just generally a littlebit more delicious looking. Instead of the Sony fans saying hey Xbox guys thats a pretty sweet apple youve got there but check this one out. It looks pretty tasty too and maybe even a little better than the other apples. Instead Sony fans have a bad habit of saying something more along the lines of, Hey Xbox guys your apple looks rotten and like complete crap compared to our glorious apple! Its so much bigger around than your and just look at how much redder it is! Who would ever what an apple like yours.

QFT!

Great analogy. That is exactly what I can't stand about fanboys, all fanboys. I like lots of different kinds of apples. My favorite is Jonagold which in gaming would be Halo. But sometimes I feel like a Fuji which would be like Super Mario or Zelda. The problem with fanboys is they have decided that the only apple worth eating is Macintosh and refuse to even consider that someone might enjoy a Jonagold or Fuji.

Around the Network

Fanboys are the worst fanboys.

BenVTrigger said:

I tend to see PC fanboys do that more often.

I would say 360 fanboys, but they are nowhere to be seen anymore. What happened lol?

Right now: definetly Nintendo fans, never knew they could be so annoying. You see these dudes setting up fanboy clubs like N Dud nation, fighting for the honor of Miyamoto and Nintendo lol. Wtf.

Turkish said:
I would say 360 fanboys, but they are nowhere to be seen anymore. What happened lol?

Right now: definetly Nintendo fans, never knew they could be so annoying. You see these dudes setting up fanboy clubs like N Dud nation, fighting for the honor of Miyamoto and Nintendo lol. Wtf.

You shouldn't say anything related to this thread, Turkish.

Kynes said:
Turkish said:

You shouldn't say anything related to this thread, Turkish.

I think I have the right like anyone else, or do you think neutral people voted in this thread? No. Anyone who complains about some fanboy group are just hypocrites.