By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are the worst type of fanboys?

Who is the worst?

Sony Fanboys 222 35.75%

Microsoft Fanboys 108 17.39%

Nintendo Fanboys 69 11.11%

Apple Fanboys 133 21.42%

Android Fanboys 12 1.93%

PC Gaming Fanboys 36 5.80%

Other (Please Specify) 40 6.44%

Total:620
sales2099 said:
CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:

Sony fans are unique, because unlike Wii and 360 fans, who each are content with defending their console on its on terms, PS3 fans will more often then not use the PC to defend the PS3. This scenerio has heppened to me countless times (im using 2012 examples):

Me: Witcher 2 and Minecraft are amazing 360 games. PS3 doesnt have them. 

PS3 Fan: They are not exclusive. I can just play them on PC. 

Actually pay attention to a PS3 fan defending their console. More often then you think.....they admit to playing their PC alongside their PS3. They know PS3 cant play the 360 games with PC versions so they "bundle" the PC with their PS3 to make the ultimate gaming setup. 

Essentially its instead of 360 vs PS3.........PS3 fans turn it into 360 vs PS3/PC. 

They need the PC to compensate for 360s multiplats not available on PS3. PS3 suddenly cant stand up for itself, PS3 fans need a second system to elevate it, to make it a fair comparison. But I see its funny that Sony fans are the only ones who cant defend PS3 for its own qualities. 

Now please, respond :)

That same thing could be said of 360 fans who can't handle when a PS3 exclusive takes the reviewers by storm visually and they enter the convo with "who cares, PC games still look better". Both sides have used the PC as a blanket at one time or another.

Just on the subject of games on multiple systems - I'm someone that will proudly buy a multiplat title on PC. More often than not, it's the better experience. Plus, it rids the need of sources like Lens of Truth (Digital Foundry does face-offs that include the PC).

This is me talking with all my experience.........I have never been in that scenerio nor have I heard a supporter say that. That response to me makes no sense at all, and whats funnier is that you think 360 fans say that as much as PS3 fans play the "i can play it on PC" card. 

But overall, you didnt counter my point. 

?? Yo! page 23, 5th from the top!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:
CGI-Quality said:

That same thing could be said of 360 fans who can't handle when a PS3 exclusive takes the reviewers by storm visually and they enter the convo with "who cares, PC games still look better". Both sides have used the PC as a blanket at one time or another.

Just on the subject of games on multiple systems - I'm someone that will proudly buy a multiplat title on PC. More often than not, it's the better experience. Plus, it rids the need of sources like Lens of Truth (Digital Foundry does face-offs that include the PC).

This is me talking with all my experience.........I have never been in that scenerio nor have I heard a supporter say that. That response to me makes no sense at all, and whats funnier is that you think 360 fans say that as much as PS3 fans play the "i can play it on PC" card. 

I did counter it, you just don't like the response you got. So be it. You really have to grasp at straws to claim Sony fans use PC as a crutch to begin with. So what if people choose not to buy a 360 because some its "console exclusive" titles are also on it? 

If anything I would personally say, which I believe, that whenever people rave about PS3 graphics I would say its marginal over 360s best. No need to bring in PC. Unlike PS3, 360 can stand up on its own.

Grasp at straws? LOL please. Its common knowledge PS3 fans are obsessed with exclusives and if you mention a 360 multiplat with a PC version, you WILL get the "not exclusive, play it on PC" response. Thats a crutch no matter how you slice it. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

CGI-Quality said:

it was ridiculous to bring it up to begin with and yes, I said it was a crutch (blanket to be exact), one that both sides have used before (again, meaningless in the grand scheme). It's a moot point that hardly anyone dwells on. Really don't see the issue. 

Nah, I've seen it used much more by the Sony camp to discredit 360 exclusives. It matters because it esckews debates I've seen it happen. I've personally never seen it used by a 360 fan.

Come on let's be honest.

enditall727 said:
@Sales2099

I dont want to here that sh!t lol you know exactly why they say the 360 has no games. Stop trying to act brand new about the situation. Me and you both know that they are talking about RECENT EXCLUSIVE RETAIL games, MLD. you even basically admitted that the 360 has had a shortage in exclusive retail games. you were basically saying that M$ was saving there big games for next years E3. Then when they showed the same old stuff that we could've guessed that they would show 2 years in advance, you said that M$ is saving games for next gen being that this gen is about to end. Then they dont show anything but the same old stuff this year lol

you made a video talking about your impressions of e3 2011 and then you had to make another video to redeem yourself for what you had previously said lol i remember i left a comment saying something like "even the 360 fanboys thumbed this video down" and it got like 20 thumb ups before it went down lol

i would present the them but you erased all of your videos

Everybody knows that the 360 has more games in its library because of its head start and it got a lot of games that ps3 fans had already played on the ps2. Everybody knows that 360 has better online and that the 360 software and hardware sales are ahead of ps3s so what are you talking about? your basically implying that ps3 fans argue that apples are blue when everybody knows that they are red. everybody knows this stuff. only you would take facts that everybody already knows and claim that nobody can prove them wrong LOL! you live in your own little world huh MLD? LOL

and no, 360 fans definately died out because of there arguement fading. youtube was basically the battlefield of the console wars and ive seen it all since 2006. ive seen everything that was said before you hit youtube. most of the guys who were 360 fanboys back then have either moved on or eventually bought a ps3 and wii and hate fanboys now(which is funny). the few 360 fans left only come out of their bunkers when you make a video lol

and i dont think i ever seen a ps3 fan seriously deny that ps3 is losing and is has NOT bled money. can you give me some examples of these "scum" ps3 fans that are in such denial though and claim that ps3 is not in 3rd place right now? ;)

and PLEASE dont start with this "hate" sh!t, MLD. You sound like BlackBond. You admitted that you do that sh!t for entertainment but you want to feel somekind of way about it when you get exactly what you asked for? that is the EPITOME of hypocritical, MLD. You asked for it then it gets to a point where you were forced to prove that you had a life so you then started making less videos basically implying that you were too busy(with having a life) to make videos anymore lol.

and 360 fanboys and ps3 fanboys are just alike. the only difference is that PlayStation has more numbers than Xbox

ok. The "retail exclusive" part is the biggest BS in the Sony fanboy arsenel. Those 2 words are meant to cover up and sweep under the rug all things that give 360 an edge. Been trying to combat this "list propaganda" for a while. 

"exclusive" cuts out all 360 multiplats not on PS3. Thats a big 360 edge on PS3. Convienent for them huh. 

"retail" cuts out XBLA since it constantly releases more quality then PSN every year. Nice propaganda. 

But you admit 360 has more games, better online, and its winning over PS3 in the console war........those are the key points. Any other point is moot. You have those 3......you win. Simple as that. PS3 fans simply outnumber 360 ones with pure sensitivity and since its working, they are getting even more cocky. But in the end, its pointless as they are still the losers of the gen. 

And no, PS3 users PM me saying PS3 is winning because they count sales as if they launched at the same time, or they count sales of the current year, not total sales. Sales matter. It validates the fanboys opinion. They need the PS3 to win, to get back to the "glory days" lol. They also say they dont care about Sony bleeding money, as long as they keep giving games. That claim in itself is respectable, but from a console war perspective that matters as well. 

Forced to prove I have a life? This is online and I have no obligations to anyone. Thing is it got to a point where it took up too much of my time so I scaled it back. Im happy where I am now. I dont care if you believe that.

Your last line is by far the most deluded.....saying all fanboys are the same. Thats like saying different countries have the same culture. There ARE cultures to us. But at least we agree on Sony fans have the numbers. Personally it is and always will be because its group therapy lol.......if you know how bad Sony did gen over gen, if you clutter around yourself all like-minded people and shut out all opposing opinions, they will eventually believe its not so bad.  But thats me. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:
CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:

I did counter it, you just don't like the response you got. So be it. You really have to grasp at straws to claim Sony fans use PC as a crutch to begin with. So what if people choose not to buy a 360 because some its "console exclusive" titles are also on it? 

If anything I would personally say, which I believe, that whenever people rave about PS3 graphics I would say its marginal over 360s best. No need to bring in PC. Unlike PS3, 360 can stand up on its own.

Grasp at straws? LOL please. Its common knowledge PS3 fans are obsessed with exclusives and if you mention a 360 multiplat with a PC version, you WILL get the "not exclusive, play it on PC" response. Thats a crutch no matter how you slice it. 

it was ridiculous to bring it up to begin with and yes, I said it was a crutch (blanket to be exact), one that both sides have used before (again, meaningless in the grand scheme). It's a moot point that hardly anyone dwells on. Really don't see the issue. 

Like happydolphin said below you, playing the ignorance is bliss card doesnt help you. There is no "both sides" on 360 and PS3 fans using the PC card. Its mostly, if not "exclusively" (pun intended :P) used by PS3 fans to discredit 360s games not available on it. 

It is certainly a valid point that many dwell on if you pay attention. The issue goes back to the thread topic. Sony fans are the worst because they act smug with the PS3 superiority complex.....but most admit to using a PC to assist it

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
happydolphin said:
CGI-Quality said:

Nah, I've seen it used much more by the Sony camp to discredit 360 exclusives. It matters because it esckews debates I've seen it happen. I've personally never seen it used by a 360 fan.

Come on let's be honest.

I, again, didn't give any estimate of what side uses it more than the other. I'm just telling you that it has happened, on both sides. I'm leaving this particular debate alone though, it's like Kindergarten all over again: "you did this more than me". Let's be honest, sure - it's happened before, on both ends.

On the other hand, not everyone who says they will buy games on the PC that are also, and only on the 360, do it to discredit the system. If that's the case, I may as well go through an entire backlog of it being done to the Wii and PS3, but it leaps back to my point. It's really not that big of an issue. It's just a way for him to justify his ways (which would likely be no different if that wasn't something he could use to claim he's some soldier against the big bad monsters known as "opposing fans").

Before I go to bed......your point is flawed in that 360 games with PC versions is one of 360s biggest selling points. You act like its just a game here and there. Off the top of my head you have Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Mass Effect, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Minecraft, and Witcher 2.

You wanna tell me 360 having those games (and much more then those) and its biggest competitor, PS3, not having them isnt a big deal? For console only gamers I assure you that IS a big deal. But PS3 gamers like to sweep them under the rug by only counting exclusives or saying they could just play them on the PC. How you think 360 owners use the PC card at all astounds me. This is what makes me know our little debate is at and end: you are unwilling or unable to see reality and play the neutral card, that everybody is the same. Gimme a break. 

CGI I litteraly saw the game in person on Wednesday at our Sony meeting

Its not that much of a step up. But then again this late in the gen nothing will be. In fact theres games out right now with better character models. That said the attention to detail in the world itself really is beautiful. Naughty Dog really managed to build a believable world. After seeing the demo thats what stuck with me most was how they managed to make the game feal so real if that makes any sense. Its not really stylized at all

It will sweep graphics awards in 2013....

I never said its not the best because while I only saw about 15 minutes of gameplay in and around the Pitsburg location I can openly say it IS the best

Its just not a huge step up. As a package the bit Ive seen is stunning. But not so much so to where it makes other games look bad.

CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:

Like happydolphin said below you, playing the ignorance is bliss card doesnt help you. There is no "both sides" on 360 and PS3 fans using the PC card. Its mostly, if not "exclusively" (pun intended :P) used by PS3 fans to discredit 360s games not available on it. 

It is certainly a valid point that many dwell on if you pay attention. The issue goes back to the thread topic. Sony fans are the worst because they act smug with the PS3 superiority complex.....but all admit to using a PC to assist it lol. 

I just haven't got the patience to continue pointing out the hypocrisy in many of your posts, so I'll leave you to live in whatever world it is you choose to live in. Just know for every Sony fan you choose to claim is "smug" and acting with "a superiority complex", the fact that you claim that you, yourself, are winnng because the 360 is in 2nd place and ahead of the PS3 speaks more than anything you throw my way.

But hey, you're just "one man", right?

I just, you drive me up the wall sometimes :D Like here you're pointing out his hypocrisies and in the one I pointed out you said it's like kindergarden and doesn't matter.

How can I respect that? :$

Because this all comes back to my original point that Sony fansbiys generally overhype their own games when they dont need to, especially graphics.

As a whole PS3 exclusives tend to look a bit better. Sony fanboys however will go on for pages about how stuff like Uncharted destroys other games which just isnt true.

But at the end of the day I still more often times than not give PS3 1st party games the nod in terms of graphics. Some games like Witcher 2 and Gears 3 hang with them but Naughty Dog and Santa Monica in particular are graphic powerhouses