By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another case of Nintendo copying Sony.

Nintendo you copycat!! stop copying Sony by copying Sony copying you!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Observe

Super Mario 3D Land - Nintendo (2011)

Echochrome - Sony (2008)

As you can see, Nintendo clearly copied the optical illusion theme from Sony. Nintendo blatantly copied innovative elements from Sony's B-level psp/ps3 title 'Echochrome'. I believe this disgusting and unethical is quite normal amongst Nintendo. The only reason people don't notice Nintendo's work as copies is because Nintendo copies from the sub-par of other companies. Well played, Nintendo....well played.

I was going to buy a Wii U and a 3DS, but after this discovery, I probably wont, ill be avoiding all Nintendo products and service from this point on, at least until they're extremely cheap.

Honestly, this is disgusting behavior and I think all Nintendo fans from this point on should cease to be Nintendo fans. I do realize that some people will read this, yet will still remain Nintendo fans. These people do not deserve to reproduce (my opinion)

Discuss

Mario RPG

Q-bert

Marble Madness

Lady Stalker

Mario 128

This still is classic Nintendo.

halil23 said:
Roma said:
Nintendo you copycat!! stop copying Sony by copying Sony copying you!

*head implode by it sheer confusions* O_o

Well they are copying Sony and Sony copies them therefore they are copying Sony copy them

It makes perfect sense :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

lilbroex said:
Jay520 said:
Observe

Super Mario 3D Land - Nintendo (2011)

Echochrome - Sony (2008)

As you can see, Nintendo clearly copied the optical illusion theme from Sony. Nintendo blatantly copied innovative elements from Sony's B-level psp/ps3 title 'Echochrome'. I believe this disgusting and unethical is quite normal amongst Nintendo. The only reason people don't notice Nintendo's work as copies is because Nintendo copies from the sub-par of other companies. Well played, Nintendo....well played.

I was going to buy a Wii U and a 3DS, but after this discovery, I probably wont, ill be avoiding all Nintendo products and service from this point on, at least until they're extremely cheap.

Honestly, this is disgusting behavior and I think all Nintendo fans from this point on should cease to be Nintendo fans. I do realize that some people will read this, yet will still remain Nintendo fans. These people do not deserve to reproduce (my opinion)

Discuss

This still is classic Nintendo.

Thank you for I was in darkness, but you have shown me the light. I can see clearly now.

F0X said:

Bah. This whole idea reeks of Super Paper Mario, which came out in 2007. *fist wag*
Though seriously, Fez is a much better example of "copying" this concept than a handful of optional rooms in Super Mario 3D Land. But I guess we can't have indies looking like they don't have original ideas, can we?

I thought the same thing when I saw the pics.

Around the Network
sega4life said:

Q*Bert is owned by SONY.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

No way the Echochrome screenshots are the same scene. That's impossible, I don't believe it!

I'm just glad a few people referenced Marble Madness. That game was bad ass back in the day...

News Flash: Super Monkey Ball copied Marble Madness.

I find it amusing that some people actually bit. :)

Nice job, Jay.