By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Quick question, are any of these computers good for gaming?

I need a quick yes or no to these two computers, simple question, are they good for gaming?

I like this one because it comes with a 27" HP 2711x Diagonal LED Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod6950030#desc

Or this one, no monitor but maybe more suited for gaming?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1769160&sku=D211-11003

so which, if any would work out? If not does anyone have a link to a prebuilt computer that would work around the $750 price range?

Around the Network

They're both OK for gaming. They would both be fantastic for gaming with better GPUs.

Andrespetmonkey said:
They're both OK for gaming. They would both be fantastic for gaming with better GPUs.

Is that something that could be upgraded in the future?

Saruk said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

yes

Saruk said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Yep. I wouldn't recommend those computers, you can find better for gaming for $800, I'll look some up for you if you want.

Around the Network

www. SystemRequirementLab.com Go to that site and have it test you Gaming PC or Notebook to see if your system is worthy enough to run any game you wish to enjoy......BETTER.

Andrespetmonkey said:
Saruk said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Yep. I wouldn't recommend those computers, you can find better for gaming for $800, I'll look some up for you if you want.

Yes please, I'm brand new at the whole PC gaming scene so I have no idea what I need. The $800 one I posted in the OP just tempted me because that monitor would work great with my ps3 also, but if the computer wont work well I guess it's better to find something that will.

Saruk said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Saruk said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Yes please, I'm brand new at the whole PC gaming scene so I have no idea what I need. The $800 one I posted in the OP just tempted me because that monitor would work great with my ps3 also, but if the computer wont work well I guess it's better to find something that will.

edit: ignore!

Saruk said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
Saruk said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

Lmfao a good monitor. Dude 32 inch Vizio is what i use for my PC and PS3. After i found out that my Graphics card uses a mini Hdmi, i went and bought a mini hdmi to hdmi converter and boom hooked it up to my TV. The only thing i wish i did was buy a TV with Picture-in-Picture.

For the first one, I don't know much about AMD but it's quad core so it's probably decent. Actually I looked I this website, And based I this chart the second pc has a much better processor than the first.
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

However it seems that the second pc has a better graphics card than the first. It's a toss up.
I would reccommend the XPS because my XPS laptop  can run most games on at least medium settings. I usually have no problem running my games on high settings with low shadow and water detail settings. I don't care too much about that kinda stuff.

XPS computers are known for their high performance. It's basically the next level down from Alienware.
I think HP Pavilions are more business grade, so I suggest the XPS

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash