By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Confirmed: Final Fantasy Versus XIII still in production

Tagged games:

DigitalDevilSummoner said:

Yeah but the two games are kinda worlds apart, don't you think ? The same battle system with minor variations has been used to death by Square.

And the much underrated FF XIII battle system introduced something I always highly appreciated in SMT games: strategy.

Tell me you did not just say that.  IT was a horrible battle system that was fundamentally flawed in many, MANY ways.  

Underrated my ass. it was rightfully hated. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:

Yeah but the two games are kinda worlds apart, don't you think ? The same battle system with minor variations has been used to death by Square.

And the much underrated FF XIII battle system introduced something I always highly appreciated in SMT games: strategy.

Tell me you did not just say that.  IT was a horrible battle system that was fundamentally flawed in many, MANY ways.  

Underrated my ass. it was rightfully hated. 

You want underrated and strategy?  

Final Fantasy XII.

Sal.Paradise said:
As I said, people will believe any rumour with Final Fantasy attached to it, and from Kotaku no less. What a joke that website is.

Kotaku isn't all that bad....

Hynad said:

You want underrated and strategy?

Final Fantasy XII.

I'm not gonna argue with that. The battle system of XII was deep and rewarding. But it it held no resemblance to the classic FF battle system whereas XIII tried to be an evolution.

The difficulty in a big part of the game was underwhelming and it didn't let the XIII battle system show what it could do. For the first time it didn't favour simple grinding but actual thinking. The unique gaming it could provide was evident in some battles; Adamantoise, Tonberry, Tyrant, Long Gui, Jabberwocky ,Cid, PSICOM fighters, Wladislaus, Vercingetorix all great battles and if the majority of the game was as challenging as those it would have been a trully great game.

I honestly hope they don't handle Versus the same way, lower the difficulty in an attempt to make it appealing. They should hand over the balancing of the game to From Software.

I remember having a hard time at some parts in FFXIII, definitely not as hard of a time as I had in FFIII though. I think the problem with FFXIII was that once you got a good paradigm the bosses were easy. So the difficulty was in finding the combo.

www.speedkittens.com

Around the Network

And if anyone want's to know why it's taking so long

http://www.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/20120611_01en.pdf

"For the revitalization of the FF brand, we decided not to shutdown FFXIV and to continue the services while adding improvements at the same time as rebuilding the game from scratch. As a result of the decision we made, it was inevitable to move the resources within the HD game to FFXIV and new title releases have suffered for 2 to 3 years. "

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:

"For the revitalization of the FF brand, we decided not to shutdown FFXIV and to continue the services while adding improvements at the same time as rebuilding the game from scratch. As a result of the decision we made, it was inevitable to move the resources within the HD game to FFXIV and new title releases have suffered for 2 to 3 years. "

Gee, Thanks square enix.  oh, and by the way, FUCK YOU! 

I don't think I've seen a company drop the ball so mightily EVER. does any other company out there feel like it's more disconnected from its fanbase?  

Guys,w e don't WANT Final Fantasy XIII-3, we don't WANT FFXIV to be online and it sucked so we don't care, move on.  we don't want all this stupid shit you've been giving us.  protip, morons: we want Kingdom Hearts 3 on PS3, we want Final Fantast vsXIII on PS3 (maybe Xbox...I don't care anymore as long as we fucking get it), and we want Final Fantast XV for whichever console that comes out for, preferably PS3.  focus on those three games and ignore all the other ones.  Seriously.  it is NOT hard.  Oh, and while you're at it, Remaster Final Fantasy VII.  I know it's cost intensive, but for fuck's sake you have no excuse not to; it would sell just as well, if not better than its original PS1 counterpart (the Final Fantasy brand has done nothing but grow since then and VII has gotten even more popular in the last 15 years).  I don't even care if you don't ADD anything to the game and just change the polygons and static backgrounds, just frikkin do it.

They have 4 projects they can do that'd be HUGE hits, and they've done nothing to reassure us that these projects have had ANY progress whatsoever.  and why?  so they can pool all their resources into a massive failure of a game that nobody wants even if it works.  

Fuck you, square enix.  Fuck you hard with a spiked rod. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
zarx said:

Gee, Thanks square enix.  oh, and by the way, FUCK YOU! 

I don't think I've seen a company drop the ball so mightily EVER. does any other company out there feel like it's more disconnected from its fanbase?  

Guys,w e don't WANT Final Fantasy XIII-3, we don't WANT FFXIV to be online and it sucked so we don't care, move on.  we don't want all this stupid shit you've been giving us.  protip, morons: we want Kingdom Hearts 3 on PS3, we want Final Fantast vsXIII on PS3 (maybe Xbox...I don't care anymore as long as we fucking get it), and we want Final Fantast XV for whichever console that comes out for, preferably PS3.  focus on those three games and ignore all the other ones.  Seriously.  it is NOT hard.  Oh, and while you're at it, Remaster Final Fantasy VII.  I know it's cost intensive, but for fuck's sake you have no excuse not to; it would sell just as well, if not better than its original PS1 counterpart (the Final Fantasy brand has done nothing but grow since then and VII has gotten even more popular in the last 15 years).  I don't even care if you don't ADD anything to the game and just change the polygons and static backgrounds, just frikkin do it.

They have 4 projects they can do that'd be HUGE hits, and they've done nothing to reassure us that these projects have had ANY progress whatsoever.  and why?  so they can pool all their resources into a massive failure of a game that nobody wants even if it works.  

Fuck you, square enix.  Fuck you hard with a spiked rod. 

THis, Id like to add, they need to stop BSing on the FF Type-0 english version and get er done already. PSP, PSVita whatever just get it out here. Only thing out of that whole fablua novalis whateverthefuk that hasnt sucked (is it even part of that anymore

Runa216 said:

Very angry stuff...

Here's the thing, even though I don't like mmo rpgs, I have to commend them for making decisions and sticking by them. They show commitment to bringing some glory to a numbered FF game and there is a realistic chance they will, they do have a tone more experience.

Secondly, you shouldn't be telling SE to fuck themselves. What they are doing is actually very logical. If anything you should be telling the fans to fuck themselves, because by buying 9.6 mil of XIII and XIII-2 copies they are / we are / I am supporting that endevour and they / we / I want to see it to the end. So, no matter how big your font is, when you say "we" you are wrong. Depeche Mode wrong.

With both XIV v2 and XIII-3, they obviously don't want to leave half finished projects. That is absolutely respectable.

FF XV will be next gen, does Agnis Philosophy ring a bell ? And how are you so certain XV will be better ? That is just wistful thinking. The same wistful thinking people who didn't like XII had about XIII.

Lastly, I do certainly want Versus and I am probably gonna preorder two copies, one for use and one sealed, but if it means getting THE game of this  generation, a game with FF XII like production values, i can sure as hell wait.

oniyide said:

THis, Id like to add, they need to stop BSing on the FF Type-0 english version and get er done already. PSP, PSVita whatever just get it out here. Only thing out of that whole fablua novalis whateverthefuk that hasnt sucked (is it even part of that anymore

"whatever just get it out here" ? That's suicidal !

The PSP does not enjoy the same success in the west and much less the software. With a PSVita struggling for titles, it would be moronic not to make an "augmented" version for the PSVita.

Runa216 said:

Very angry stuff...

Here's the thing, even though I don't like mmo rpgs, I have to commend them for making decisions and sticking by them. They show commitment to bringing some glory to a numbered FF game and there is a realistic chance they will, they do have a tone more experience.

Secondly, you shouldn't be telling SE to fuck themselves. What they are doing is actually very logical. If anything you should be telling the fans to fuck themselves, because by buying 9.6 mil of XIII and XIII-2 copies they are / we are / I am supporting that endevour and they / we / I want to see it to the end. So, no matter how big your font is, when you say "we" you are wrong. Depeche Mode wrong.

With both XIV v2 and XIII-3, they obviously don't want to leave half finished projects. That is absolutely respectable.

FF XV will be next gen, does Agnis Philosophy ring a bell ? And how are you so certain XV will be better ? That is just wistful thinking. The same wistful thinking people who didn't like XII had about XIII.

Lastly, I do certainly want Versus and I am probably gonna preorder two copies, one for use and one sealed, but if it means getting THE game of this  generation, a game with FF XII like production values, i can sure as hell wait.

oniyide said:

"whatever just get it out here" ? That's suicidal !

The PSP does not enjoy the same success in the west and much less the software. With a PSVita struggling for titles, it would be moronic not to make an "augmented" version for the PSVita.

Thats not the point, the game was released, last winter in Japan, and here we are in August and we havent heard jack, nada. One rumor that they were making it HD for PSVita, I get that these things take time to translate but FF13 and KH BBS came out in the states about six months after their Japan debuts, this is overdue. I have both systems so it doesnt matter which it comes out for.