By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Confirmed: Final Fantasy Versus XIII still in production

Tagged games:

now give us a damn release date!!!(or window)

Around the Network

some music to dance to, on the grave of Kotaku's credibility (no, I'm not letting it go)

Kotaku again... lol lol lol

Thank God, never been so glad to be wrong about a video game before

Now come on SE show us some footage and announce a release date!!

the thing with kotaku was not just that they run the story, they included utter b*llshit details like the " staff were reportedly saddened by the move."

i mean seriously ?!

Around the Network
YukanaSenix said:
Attoyou said:
:Now On XBOX 360™

Without a worldmap...Without towns...Without Native1080p FMVs...completely linear..in 576p..no different ways to solve scenarios..no airship..no anything.Even worse than FF13

and suddenly the 360 crowd "OMG WE DONT WANT THAT CRAP - SONYTARDS CAN KEEP THAT TROLOLOL"

Lets keep it real - Versus13 only becomes the dream of gamers if it stays exclusive.SquareEnix at least should have one good game in this Gen.

As far as I'm aware, XIII-2 has towns, yes?

The only problem I can imagine a 360 version having is allowing access to a large, seamless, open world when the game will likely take up so much space (due to FMVs or what have you) that it would have to span multiple discs.  Of course, that depends entirely on how open the world actually is, and in what manner the story progresses.  There could be ways around this without compromoising the vision of the game.

Of course, a 360 version would probably still have lower quality FMVs, etc. just like the 360 versions of XIII/XIII-2, but that would not prevent the game from actually coming to the console.

For now, the game seems to remain ps3 exclusive.  If that does not change, then I can only assume it has to do with the scope of the game's world combined with the file size of the total game.

Unless there were moneyhats thrown around.  Then exclusivity could have nothing to do with the actual development of the game.

Good i don;t care what system its on either just bring it out.

makingmusic476 said:

Then exclusivity could have nothing to do with the actual development of the game.

Exclusivity has everything to do with the actual development. And it is not only the technological aspect, FF XIII was simplified as a direct result of being westernized.

"Multiplatform is when you start development on a game with the assumption of optimizing for multiple platforms. Porting is something that's done after you've developed a game specifically for a particular platforms. The debate over porting is decided by the management based off the current market and the costs. All I can say right now as a developer is that Versus is being developed specifically for the PlayStation 3."

Tetsuya Nomura

I hope we'll see it soon.

Ahhh Kotaku. Everything that's wrong with gaming "journalism" in a single blog based website. Even for enthusiast press this is bad.