By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - London 2012 Olympic Games-The Paralympics begin, opening ceremony on now!

Tagged games:

Will you watch the paralympics?

Yes! 66 75.86%

No! 0 0%

Only a little... 0 0%

See results 1 1.15%

Total:67
Ajescent said:
TomaTito said:

Opening ceremony was late, didn't even noticed those supposed "pixels". Very random jumps between kids, building the stage, industrial revolution (no kids here), NHS (wtf?), music (no Oasis?), mourning (for whom - everyone?), parade (yeah!!!) and very standard lighting of the Olympic flame that while nice feels too small (can it even be seen from the outside??).

I take it you watched NBC's coverage? allegedly they butchered the editting and the commentary team did not do the research

also, back off the NHS dude, it's a VERY big deal.

I disagree that the flame lighting was "standard" that was magnificient, it was being built up during the parade with the kids holding and no one knew what it was building up to. It was awesome imo.

But yes, it should be visible to all.

That's pretty horrific actually...is that REALLY what the NBC, the official broadcaster for America, want to show the world???

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
kivi95 said:
Ajescent said:
kivi95 said:
Ajescent said:
kivi95 said:
First World Record :D.

No, we've had one already, Korea got it in the Archery

Ah okey didn't know that since they didn't show archery neither on the TV or the Web.

According to this there have been 12 records broken already.

I think most of them are Olympic records.

yes 3 are world and 9 are Olympic

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Here's all the medals from Day 1. No GB, though without Cavendish, that's not expected:

RankCountryTotal
1 China 4 0 2 6
2 Italy 2 2 1 5
3 United States 1 2 2 5
4 South Korea 1 1 1 3
4 Brazil 1 1 1 3
6 Russian Federation 1 0 0 1
6 Kazakhstan 1 0 0 1
6 Australia 1 0 0 1
9 Japan 0 2 1 3
10 Netherlands 0 1 0 1
10 Colombia 0 1 0 1
10 Poland 0 1 0 1
10 Romania 0 1 0 1
14 Belgium 0 0 1 1
14 North Korea 0 0 1 1
14 Serbia 0 0 1 1
14 Hungary 0 0 1 1
14 Uzbekistan 0 0 1 1
14 Norway 0 0 1 1

Conegamer said:

Here's all the medals from Day 1. No GB, though without Cavendish, that's not expected:

RankCountryTotal
1 China 4 0 2 6
2 Italy 2 2 1 5
3 United States 1 2 2 5
4 South Korea 1 1 1 3
4 Brazil 1 1 1 3
6 Russian Federation 1 0 0 1
6 Kazakhstan 1 0 0 1
6 Australia 1 0 0 1
9 Japan 0 2 1 3
10 Netherlands 0 1 0 1
10 Colombia 0 1 0 1
10 Poland 0 1 0 1
10 Romania 0 1 0 1
14 Belgium 0 0 1 1
14 North Korea 0 0 1 1
14 Serbia 0 0 1 1
14 Hungary 0 0 1 1
14 Uzbekistan 0 0 1 1
14 Norway 0 0 1 1

I think you mean expected

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Hey, Brazil starts with a B, not fair the 5th position! :(

Korea will be fine losing one position, I'm sure when the Starcraft day starts they'll pass all

Around the Network
VicViper said:

Korea will be fine losing one position, I'm sure when the Starcraft day starts they'll pass all

I think it's organised by who got theirs first

VicViper said:

Deal with it! It's a tied 4th, and that's great

And yeah, I meant UNexpected in the previous post...

Interestingly, in the Individual Foil, Italy won Gold, Silver and Bronze! Not bad! Details in the 2nd post with the medals table, as well as 4 other results in the Top 5 for the day...

And what a great first day it was! Records smashed, expectations shattered, dreams crushed, and nailbiters all around. More of the same tomorrow!

And Male Beach Volleyball...eurgh... We don't need more of that tomorrow please! 

I'm only kidding :) yeah, it's a good start for Brazil. I just hope football gets a gold, even if this team is nothing spectacular.  All others medals are bonus.

Anyway, nice day! Congrats English and Brits in general, so far, so great!

Just before I go, it's not been a great day for Team GB in the doubles, as both the Men's and Women's Doubles teams are out!

But it's looking good for the Singles, as Heather Watson is through, and another Brit really pushed Wozniacki all the way to 3 sets! And the Women's Football team win 3-0 over Cameroon! And, of course, the gymnasts, as pretty much every event has a Brit in the top 3 or 4! And the Rowing! It's looking good...

VicViper said:

I'm only kidding :) yeah, it's a good start for Brazil. I just hope football gets a gold, even if this team is nothing spectacular.  All others medals are bonus.

Anyway, nice day! Congrats English and Brits in general, so far, so great!

Yeah, all of the arenas are pretty darn good so far! Let's hope it can keep up for the next 14 days, and then of course the paralympics!