By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Far Cry 3 vs Crysis 3 - Dare I say it.....

Tagged games:

Far Cry 3 vs Crysis 3

Far Cry 3 b**ches! 24 53.33%

Ah Hell naw, Crysis 3 all the way! 21 46.67%

Total:45

Far Cry 2 sucked absolute monkey balls, that game was such a chore it's unreal. However, from the trailer I've seen in this thread.. FC3 story is probably something a bit more to get excited about. Crysis 2 was meh for me, couldn't even finish more than 3 chapters in it.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
richardhutnik said:
CGI-Quality said:
richardhutnik said:
Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity...

O.o

Come again?

I wasn't sure where to go with the line, so I left it at that.  I was going to post it being something about posting one title (or console) against another one, and expecting different results

As for why I post it, if someone doesn't know, then they don't know at least one of the titles.

Let me try to make sense of this - because it's still foggy

I'm guessing you're saying Crysis 3 looks better. If so, I challenge you.

Pardon me for finding two games, by the same developer, which use the same graphics engine THEY DEVELOPED, something absurd to try to compare.  They are both sandbox style but trying different things.

So, I now have an answer for the definition of insanity: It is what is attempted in this thread .

If you ask me which of the two I am more interested in, well it is Far Cry 3, because it is SCREAMING Fight Club to me (Yes, I believe the main villian in the game is a projection in the mind of the character you play, to try to come to grips with the island).  So, I will be eagerly awaiting for Far Cry 3 to hit, and then checking a week later on YouTube, and googling, to see if my theory is correct.

Maybe you can call what I wrote a spoiler, but heck, I didn't play it, so it goes under speculation.

I was just watching the farcry 3 footage that you posted.

Might sound bad minded lad, but all I see is plastic and no depth. Everything seems flat, like it is all on one plane.

I dont know how to explain it. It just dont look right, I have not looked at Crysis 3 footage that you posted but i must say, this dont beat crysis one.

EDIT : ooooo just seen crysis 3, what the hell happened? graphics done gone backwards.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:

Thread destroying post right here.

Around the Network

But theres one thing they have in common.... bad joke alert... The both cry!!

Yay!!!

CGI-Quality said:
shakarak said:
zarx said:

I disagree.

Its a matter of personal preference, but theres no denying that both games look fantastic. Lets just leave it at that.

And was Crysis 2 really that bad ? Its one of my favourite shooters... thats saying a lot because I hate FPS games.

CGI-Quality said:
shakarak said:
zarx said:

I disagree.

do we really need multiple copies of the gifs? It just takes a seccond to remove them wheb you quote.

I will personally take dynamic foliage over shiny plastic lol.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Think how much better they would both look if they won't handcuffed to current gen consoles.

Personally, neither looks like a significant improvement over 5-year-old vanilla Crysis 1 maxed out to me. (And both look considerably worse than the best Crysis 1 mods)

Based purely off the animated gif you posted, it looks like Crysis 3 shits on Far Cry 3.