By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Exclusive Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Gameplay Tutorial

Graphics, action, music, sound effects, and cutscenes all look and sound great. Can't wait to play. I'm so glad that Metal Gear is getting the color the previous brown and gray ones lacked. Looks like it's going to be the best Metal Gear game since MGS on the PSX.

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
Platinum hasn't not disappointed yet.

Platinum has made some of the best action games of the past generation. I realize it's not like Mikami is directing this, but Vanquish alone.

Is this game still running at 60FPS?

Bristow9091 said:
Mad55 said:

... You mean except from the PS3 version of Bayonetta, right?

It got patched to run fine.

And he was using a double negative.

Khuutra said:
Bristow9091 said:
Mad55 said:

patched help loading times not awful framerate

Around the Network
Jdevil3 said:
Looks excellent, the gameplay seems to be pretty good too and the framerate won't disapoint. It also seems to have a good soundtrack to acompany the gameplay :). I hope there are super hard modes too :P

I want challenging modes too but not just as challenging as Vanquish. Those extra areas made the game impossible to Platinum.

I saw these posted over on Gaf

Slimebeast said:
Jdevil3 said:
Looks excellent, the gameplay seems to be pretty good too and the framerate won't disapoint. It also seems to have a good soundtrack to acompany the gameplay :). I hope there are super hard modes too :P

I want challenging modes too but not just as challenging as Vanquish. Those extra areas made the game impossible to Platinum.

Oh... not impossible, really

Bristow9091 said:
Khuutra said:
Bristow9091 said:
Mad55 said:

I doubt he meant to use a double negative though, just incorrect wording, lol.

And it didn't get patched to run fine, it got patched to help the load times, it did nothing for the appauling framerate or the ugly visuals of the game, it was an abomination compared to the 360 version. Thank god they atleast used the PS3 as the lead platform for Vanquish, it ran and looked fine. Too bad they won't release a PROPER version of Bayonetta on the PS3, oh well... doesn't matter anyway since I wasn't even a fan of the game. (Probably the horrible technical side of it that stopped me enjoying any part of it)

You think it ran that bad on the ps3? hmm maybe it was different player to player. Double Negative.

Khuutra said:
Slimebeast said:
Jdevil3 said:

Oh... not impossible, really

As good as... Can't remember if there were 6 or 7 areas but I had big trouble already with the third. And after I read on the PS Trophy guide site how hardcore trophy hunters had to put days if not weeks into the last area, I decided to give up. The last challenge area is like the last boss fight in the campaign on hard but like 5 times more difficult.

Have you tried it?