By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Shooting at Batman Premiere - 12 dead / Your opinions on gun laws

Allfreedom99 said:
You No sayers on guns just simply don't get it do you?

Wasn't able to get on the past couple days so instead of replying to everyone that replied to my post I will post a general reply to all of you...

Its not about restricting guns to control crimes. As I told Mr. Kahn...NO GOVERNMENT CAN LEGISLATE AWAY EVIL INTENT.

If you have the logic of thinking that restricting gun access will lessen gun related crime rates then why not use that logic with anything that can cause death?

IE: Lets restrict the purchase of Vehicles! Car crashes kill more people a year than homicides either because people were not paying attention or were acting stupidly. Also some people use vehicles as a weapon to kill people. One could potentially use a vehicle to kill more people more quickly than a gun.

Also why not restrict or outlaw anything that has the potential to be used as a murder weapon? Why stop with firearms? The argument is originated from "pro-Government" minded politicians that cause a portion of the electorate to believe that restricting gun rights more will lead to better crime rates and happier lives. This is a LIE folks. Restricting gun rights is what it is...its government coming in and restricting personal freedoms from the citizens. This is giving the people less control and government more control.

If you are more "pro-government" than "pro-people", more "pro-tyranny" than "pro-liberty" Then I can understand your stance on this issue. You must want more oppression from your government.

You individuals that want more restrictions on guns, maybe its because you don't like guns. Maybe the crimes you have heard about involving guns cause you to hate them. Well, my friends many things can be used as a weapon to kill. If you are for more freedoms and liberty then don't say you want to give government more power by oppressing the rights of those who choose to responsibly own guns.

But Vechiles benefit society FAR more than guns. Vechiles are mainly used to transport people/ goods and services. Where guns are mainly used for what? Protection? To kill others? Not a very good comparison in my mind. 

Around the Network
hollabackenny said:

But Vechiles benefit society FAR more than guns. Vechiles are mainly used to transport people/ goods and services. Where guns are mainly used for what? Protection? To kill others? Not a very good comparison in my mind. 

I can use that same logic in sports. Guns are also widely used at target practice ranges and recreational sports like clay shooting. All of those things are really quite fun. If you havn't experienced those things you are missing out. Also a Golf club has been used as a murder weapon. A bat as well. Those are also used in recreational sports.These all fulfill enjoyment among people.

So using this logic if one restricts or outlaws guns then this same treatment should be used with all tools used in sports that can be used to harm or kill. Restricting/Banning guns is really a tool used by pro government minded politicians by saying it will lessen crime and make people happier. It is only to give Government more reign over how its citizens live their lives.

Give government an inch...and 100 years later you find that they ended up taking a mile. Seems all to familiar to what has happened to many nations including the US.

Christian Bale visits the victims of the Colorado Shooting.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

No amount of gun control would have stopped this, but maybe with less gun control an armed law-abiding citizen in the theatre could have stopped this and minimalized casualties. The police are there to bag and tag bodies and arrest the criminal after the fact, not to prevent crime.

Viper1 said:
yum123 said:
it so weird how the world works. 12 people get murdered in a western country and its all over the news and like omg but far more than 12 people are murdered in the same fashion sometimes worse in eastern countries everyday and everyone just turns a blind eye or thinks there at it again.

Media.  They tell us what to care about.

Am I supposed to cry every time someone in the middle east gets killed by a suicide bomber or a roadside bomb? I'd be in a constant state of crying and wouldn't be able to see while driving and I would crash and kill a family of 4 on their way to disneyland. 

Around the Network

At this point, it's pointless to completely ban guns because so many people have them and there's no way they'd peacefully give them up. The only two guns that should be available to people are handguns and rifles at best. The kind of advance hardware that the average citizen can freely get is mind boggling.

Marks said:

No amount of gun control would have stopped this, but maybe with less gun control an armed law-abiding citizen in the theatre could have stopped this and minimalized casualties. The police are there to bag and tag bodies and arrest the criminal after the fact, not to prevent crime.

that is such a narrow minded view. what a load of crap. look at most countries where guns are illegal, there are far far fewer gun murders in those countries compared to the usa. If they outlawed guns you wouldnt be able to find them so easily in shops. also It would slowly seep out of their culture. thats the problem with usa guns are a part of there culture

yum123 said:
Marks said:

that is such a narrow minded view. what a load of crap. look at most countries where guns are illegal, there are far far fewer gun murders in those countries compared to the usa. If they outlawed guns you wouldnt be able to find them so easily in shops. also It would slowly seep out of their culture. thats the problem with usa guns are a part of there culture

You don't live in America, do you?

His statement is 100% valid.  Outlawing guns in the US would only prevent "LAWBIDING" citizens from owning guns.   The ability to illegally obtain a gun would not change at all and that's where the problem lies. 

Did banning drugs in the US keep people from being able to obtain drugs?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
yum123 said:
Marks said:

His statement is 100% valid.  Outlawing guns in the US would only prevent "LAWBIDING" citizens from owning guns.   The ability to illegally obtain a gun would not change at all and that's where the problem lies. 

your completely missing the point look at the gun murder stats and tell me whos got it right

yum123 said:
Viper1 said:
yum123 said:
Marks said:

your completely missing the point look at the gun murder stats and tell me whos got it right

Considering your response, I must suggest that is again you who are missing the point.

If you banned guns in the US, there would still be gun related homicides because crimminals don't obey the law...otherwise they wouldn't kill anybody to begin with.

And you completely missed the drug point.  Did banning drugs in the US prevent people from being able to obtain drugs?   Now swap out the word drugs with guns and you'd have the same question posed after a gun ban.

Did banning 'drugs' prevent people from being able to obtain 'drugs'?
Did banning 'guns' prevent people from being able to obtain 'guns'?

The rEVOLution is not being televised