By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Is Dead

I honestly cannot figure out why people were so excited about Versus XIII. We knew almost nothing about it except for a few screenshots and a CGI trailer.

It's almost as baffling as why people are already excited about XV.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
I honestly cannot figure out why people were so excited about Versus XIII. We knew almost nothing about it except for a few screenshots and a CGI trailer.

where were you for this???

twesterm said:

For me, the excitement stemmed from: Kingdom Hearts team & many of the Final Fantasy VII & VIII team working on a FF title again.

Combined with the fact that it wasn't a game made by the guy who directed X & XIII who seems to love corridors in his JRPG's (but I do not).

The game was looking spectacular, with open-ended scenarios; active combat, great looking characters, what looks to be an interesting story (the protagonist was really important), dark themed as FFVII - FFVIII; no girly looking dudes, no manly acting girls.

This is so disappointing. It looks like SE indeed hates Tetsuya Nomura, he should just resign and talk with Sony, I bet they would hire him in no time, or at least they would do a project with him (keiji Inafune, Seth Kilian).

teigaga said:
Boutros said:
teigaga said:
Boutros said:
Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled = Horrible
Final Fantasy XIII-3 announced = Lame
Final Fantasy XV infos = Awful
Final Fantasy XIV PS3 = Useless

Am so disappointed.

Final Fantasy XV sounds brillaint. The scale and freedom of FFXII but with a better battle system which doesn't allow the game to play itself.

I simply don't believe the series need another FFXII right now. FFXIII/FFXIII-2 and FFXIV left many fans disappointed and I think the way to satisfy them back is to make a game similar to what made them fall in love with the franchise to begin with: turn-based gameplay!

Alternatively they could just make a brilliant game, something which neither XIII/XIII-2 were. The fact is the franchise will not survive by simply trying to conpensate disenfranchised fans, a decade has passed since X, an entire new generations gamers now dominate the market. I'm not saying it shoudn't be turn based but what ever the combat system ends up being, it should be born of the desire to provide the compelling experience as opposed to a desire to provide nostalgia. 

But every SE attempt at making a 'compelling experience' (that means pretty much every FF since FFX) has not done anything good for the franchise. It never worked. I don't trust SE enough to believe that another attempt will be successful.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
twesterm said:

For me, the excitement stemmed from: Kingdom Hearts team & many of the Final Fantasy VII & VIII team working on a FF title again.

Combined with the fact that it wasn't a game made by the guy who directed X & XIII who seems to love corridors in his JRPG's (but I do not).

This

For me KH+FFVII+FVIII in my books means best Final Fantasy Ever, and also best RPG EVER.

NintendoPie said:
Boutros said:
Final Fantasy Versus XIII cancelled = Horrible
Final Fantasy XIII-3 announced = Lame
Final Fantasy XV infos = Awful
Final Fantasy XIV PS3 = Useless

Am so disappointed.

LOL! That was seriously announced?!?!?! Oh. My. Goodness.

Well not exactly no but the way FFXIII-2 ended and the recent annoucement of a FFXIII event in September makes FFXIII-3 nearly a sure thing.

And I loved FFXIII but I don't want FFXIII-3! If I don't want it than who does?!

if FFXV is announced before they show anything new about FFvsXIII, then this rumor is true :(

NintendoPie said:
VXIII will be crying himself to sleep tonight!

I probably would If it was indeed cancelled, but even then, nothing is so funny about it , insolent child.

:(

next i wish to hear news that SquareEnix is dead