By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What went wrong with Level-5 Time Travelers?

It would have done better if it was

PSV exclusive 9 34.62%

3DS exclusive 13 50.00%

iOS exclusive 4 15.38%

Total:26

If Layton vs Phoenix Wright flops and the next installment of the stand-alone Layton game flops, the Level5 will be doomed. Oh, forgot abut Inazuma Eleven, too. The 3DS title has not been doing that bad, it has even surpased the sales of The Mask of Miracle, in a shorter time range, but The Mask of Miracle might have been forgotten, since it was a Launch title, while IE:GO released during holidays.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network

never heard of it,that should tell you something right there.

Level 5 aren't doomed. At worst they're just going to continue working on Professor Layton and collaborating with Japan Studio on JRPG's for Sony platforms.

In fact, I think that's why they're struggling at the moment. Traditionally I saw them as an independent studio who worked closely with either Nintendo or Sony on their titles. Working on multi-platform stuff of their own doesn't seem to be going too great for them.

oldschoolfool said:

You not hearing about a game only releasing in Japan? I don't think that tells us much as you don't live there and therefore you wouldn't bother with it.

NintendoPie said:
oldschoolfool said:

You not hearing about a game only releasing in Japan? I don't think that tells us much as you don't live there and therefore you wouldn't bother with it.

I did'nt know it only came out in Japan and I did'nt know about the game. lol

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
NintendoPie said:
oldschoolfool said:

I did'nt know it only came out in Japan and I did'nt know about the game. lol

That's the whole point of what I posted.

Only someone in Japan could really tell us if it was hyped up or not. 

Haha I thought level-5 only made Layton

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

As others have pointed out, it's a visual novel. 20k first week is about in line with what those sell. And don't forget the PSP version is releasing in a week or two.

No, the only reason to be worried is if Level 5 budgeted the game with more than 80-100k sales in mind. Which they might have. Because their business acumen seems to be crap. At this rate, they'll go back to being code monkeys sooner rather than later, although Layton/Little Battlers/Inazuma should keep them in the game for some time.