By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The 2012 London Summer Olympics : It has started!! 'Will England go big with Medals this year like China did when they host the Olympics?!'

What is your favorite Event?

Gymnastics 6 11.32%

Track & Field 11 20.75%

Boxing 0 0%

Cycling 2 3.77%

Hockey 8 15.09%

Rowing 1 1.89%

Shooting 1 1.89%

Swimming 9 16.98%

Other 6 11.32%

Ceremonies 3 5.66%

Total:47

yes looking forward to it,i do like athletics on the big stage and one thing about us is the crowds should be pretty good and lively and of course london has quite a few nationalities buzzing around,should be good fun

if i lived near one of the footy stadiums i'd definitely go and watch for a laugh,brasil or argentina,spain etc

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

PREDICTIONS

Spurgeonryan America 102 Medals

US =/= America

call me a perv..but I do like watching female gymnastics :p

but I'm really looking forward to track and field/martial arts/basketball

Huh, i was unaware that China had won in total standings in 2008. Silly me.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I reckon us Brits will dominate the cycling again, and we are usually good for a medal in boxing,sailing and rowing. Cant see too much joy in the athletics although Jessicca Enis will be in with a shout and maybe Mo Farah. Is the American swimmer Phelps competing this year? he is awesome.

Around the Network

I care about the Winter Olympics a little bit but not much about Summer Olympics. I usually only watch the 100 meter race and some random stuff if I'm extremely bored.

I love the atmosphere though, it's a fantastic event.

kowenicki said:
If Great Britain can get anywhere near that medal haul this time I will be amazed.

It was an incredible performance given the size of this tiny island's population. Australia as ever doing amazingly well also, as ever.

TV coverage will be excellent over here too:

The BBC have got 24 HD channels going concurrently and we have 3D coverage too. The best coverage of any games ever.

24 different channels showing the Olympics?! Typo?

kowenicki said:
Slimebeast said:
kowenicki said:
If Great Britain can get anywhere near that medal haul this time I will be amazed.

It was an incredible performance given the size of this tiny island's population. Australia as ever doing amazingly well also, as ever.

TV coverage will be excellent over here too:

The BBC have got 24 HD channels going concurrently and we have 3D coverage too. The best coverage of any games ever.

24 different channels showing the Olympics?! Typo?

no

That's insane. Could they theoretically be having a broadcast at the same time? (obviously there's not going to be enough events, or will there?)

You know, I think the UK is a very big country after all, kow. I think in Sweden there will be around 10 channels in total who will broadcast the Olympics but that's with non-HD channels and commercial channels included.

My favorite event is Women's Volleyball. It's the only event with hot chicks jumping up and down in bathing suits. And before you mention gymnastics, let me stop you right there. They should call it girl's gymnastics because those are not woman.

As for my predictions. I hope to see the USA sweep every event. As a proud American that's what I'd like to see. If the USA gets eliminated then I'll root for the closest free nation, like Canada.

Now for my opinion of the Summer Olympics. Boring. I like the faster and more dangerous Winter Olympics. I don't give a crap how fast some runner can loop a track a few times. Did you know that the boarders in Snow Cross can knock each other over on their way down the course? Yeah and they are going way faster than any runner. Let's compare long jump and Ski Jump. Yeah, the one with actual flight is more interesting to watch isn't it. All I'm saying is I prefer the Winter Olympics. If you like the Summer Games good for you.

Yeah I'm more into the Winter Olympics being Canadian and all but I am looking forward to many things still like swimming or diving.